Motor has a miss, need help please

z_stalion84

Reaction score
Motor mods - cold air intake, 70mm tb, typhoon intake, motha thumper cam (dont know specific size), ported polished stock heads, 1.6 roller rockers, hardened push rods, shorty headers, msd ignition, chip w/3 different tunes (street, performance, race), e3 plugs, walbro 255 fuel pump (i believe)

My problem is while driving round under 10% throttle the car kinda sputters and misses, in any gear. If I give the car anything above 10-15% throttle it runs great. I dont know much about trouble shooting this stuff.

Any help would be awesome

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Those mother thumper cams aren't known for driveability and manners. All they do is make noise, and in some rare cases they make power. Is it anywhere particular in the power band this is occuring?

ivan12

Reaction score
Was the chip burnt for that cam?

OP
OP
Z

z_stalion84

Reaction score
The chip was tunned for all the mods

The sputtering usually happens between 1k and 3k rpm. But as the car has been running for a period of time it dosnt do it as bad. Its really bad when the motor is cold

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Check the distributor out. Does the shaft wobble alot? Could be a slowly dying distributor, which i've had happen before

toyman

Reaction score
My guess is the tuner didn't pay much attention to the cold start fuel parameters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.