Motor oil!!! What kind do you prefer for your pony??

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
And thats another good point
Dose not say made in the US or
Any where

I am going by what the dealer said

joe65

Reaction score
man now that you all are talking about this. i've never seen a sticker on MC either.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Any turbo guys ever go with Rotella?
I've always used Mobil 1 but I'm thinking of trying the Rotella. I know the turbo diesels run it because it is good for the high heat and extreme conditions. I've have heard of a few turbo Cobra guys running it as well. My new engine only has about 2000 miles on it. I ran break in oil and did all the oil changes at first, and put Mobil 1 in it last spring (I've run it in every Mustang I've owned).
I'm gonna do another oil change this spring and I'm considering the Rotella this time around.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
I used Rotella in our 400 hp Cummins Turbo diesel. Ran just perfectly. No issues at all. But, I have to ask "Why are you switching?"

badass98svt

Reaction score
I used Rotella in our 400 hp Cummins Turbo diesel. Ran just perfectly. No issues at all. But, I have to ask "Why are you switching?"

Well, from what I hear, the Rotella T is great for high heat and lubricating turbos.
With the new engine and turbo setup, I figure why not get off to the right start if that's the case.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
You typically have very good supporting information and Rotella T is a fine lubricant. My next question is:
After years of excellent lubrication with Mobil 1, what factor(s) have pushed you toward Rotella T?
Price differential?
Higher temperature protection?
Availability?
Ease of use?
I am seriously interested.

badass98svt

Reaction score
You typically have very good supporting information and Rotella T is a fine lubricant. My next question is:
After years of excellent lubrication with Mobil 1, what factor(s) have pushed you toward Rotella T?
Price differential?
Higher temperature protection?
Availability?
Ease of use?
I am seriously interested.
As I mentioned in my previous post, it's the fact that the Rotella T is designed to better lubricate the turbo, and offers better high heat protection as well. I see some turbo cars, supercharged cars, and sport bikes running the Rotella.

If you are interested look into it a bit and tell me what you think

Makoto

Reaction score
all my vehicles run mobile 1 full synthetic 5w30. its nice to be able to stock up.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I used to use mobile in all my stuff until I found damage on my oil pump. I stared looking in to the oil and found that the base oil mobile uses doesn’t have the sheer protection that some other oils have.

I recently switched over to Joe Gibbs Driven racing oil.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I used to use mobile in all my stuff until I found damage on my oil pump. I stared looking in to the oil and found that the base oil mobile uses doesn’t have the sheer protection that some other oils have.

I recently switched over to Joe Gibbs Driven racing oil.

GP1, XP1 or FR20

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
As I mentioned in my previous post, it's the fact that the Rotella T is designed to better lubricate the turbo, and offers better high heat protection as well. I see some turbo cars, supercharged cars, and sport bikes running the Rotella.

If you are interested look into it a bit and tell me what you think
Well, we sold our Allegro Bus with the 400 hp Cummins turbo diesel. Don't have anything else with a turbo at this time.
but I am intrigued because you have had such good experience with Mobil 1 (And it IS a fine product!). Just listening to others and what they believe based on real experience is rewarding to me. I hope you begin a posting about your experience with Rotella T. That would be beneficial for others.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I have a large stockpile of Motorcraft FL-820S filters.
That's an interesting vid though. Doesn't seem like too much of a difference between the 2.

opdet1wa

Reaction score
Ok time for a throw down!!! What kind of motor oil do you prefer for your pony?? I'll start it off with Motorcraft.. thata6 what I've always preferred to run in my Fords.. next!!!
I've been using Royal Purple in everything on 2 ,3 or 4 wheels for decades now. My 07 Dakota 4x4 has Royal Purple front to back with 40k on the last change. No evidence of metal particulates even at 20x magnification. Also, I clean and re-oil my K&N every 3 months or more freq. depending upon how much I offroad. Quality fuel only. I highly recommend RP. Also kept the rear head on my scooter much cooler.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MotorCraft FL-1 (or is it FL-1A?; well you get the idea. Coffe hasn’t kicked in yet) with 5w-30 oil. Engine builder said straight 30-weight, but good luck finding it in quantity. I figure 5w-30 is just fine. Stroker motor, so…
And
Usually Valvoline, my life long go-to that’s yet to fail me.

Makoto

Reaction score
i switched to 10w30 during the summer when it gets super hot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online