Motor Problems

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
As most of you have read in other threads on this forum or on Stangnet forums ive been having a bunch of motor problems. Let me see if i can cover most of them and yall tell me what yall think could be the problem.

Ok, first off my car while parked/idle smokes like sometimes not to bad but then sometimes its worse than people who seafoam their cars.... yeah, its bad. Its got a weird smell to it that sometimes changes so i think it might be a couple things burning. Also when i first start it up *and let it warm up* then i start driving and i look out my rearview all i see is smoke but it eventually dies down once ive been driving for a minute or to. I honestly think its my headgasket. I hooked the little computer looking handheld things up to the car *the ones that hook in under the steering wheel* and it said that i was misfiring on cylinder 3 *we changed the spark plug and there was a nut lodged down in there and we fixed that and replaced the spark plug* and it stopped the hesitating a little but that was when my car first started having problems and has gotten worse since then. It also said it was running rich on i believe bank 3 or something it was one of the banks. Also my car shakes really bad at idle, i know its got a motor and its supposed to shake a little but not this much, and when i pop the hood the motor itself is shaking pretty hard so. Another problem is that when im driving and i slowly give it gas its starts to hesitate and studder then POP and i can feel my petal go down like a hair more when it pops cuz i guess its a leak somewhere in my exhaust or where my headers bolt to my exhaust and its letting out the pressure. Hrmm what else.... car takes a min to start up when i turn the key and sometimes when i turn the key all the way it does nothing but then when i pull it back and wait a second then try to crank it over again it starts up, right exhaust pipe started rattling *i think because of how much my car rattles is just finally couldnt take it* but it only does it on idle or if im going REALLY slow but once i start giving it gas *normally driving* it goes away. for now that is all i can think of, if i think of more i will post it then.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
misfire, or burning oil / coolant. Hard to say.

Good luck with getting it fixed.!

Ender

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
As most of you have read in other threads on this forum or on Stangnet forums ive been having a bunch of motor problems. Let me see if i can cover most of them and yall tell me what yall think could be the problem.

You should be able to get a kit at NAPA to test for exhaust gas in your coolant, that would be a surefire way of finding out if it's a headgasket.

To check for exhaust leaks, let the engine run and feel around all the joints in your exhaust system, if you have a leak you will feel it.

You may also want to have a compression and leakdown test done, that could help pinpoint your problem(s).

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
If you have low mileage on the GT, then i say try to pinpoint them and fix it, but if the car has a high mileage, use it as a excuse to rebuild it.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
it has high mileage so im prolly going to get a 2002 motor from JASPER so yeah that solves the problems. my dad has already agreed so yeah, it shall be done!! :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.