Move over, Audi! Specialized SN95 Headlamps

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Howdy all,

In some of my free time, I've been modifying the SN95 lamp. I'm considering marketing these for sale, but that'll largely depend on feedback from other SN95 owners. Let me know what you think so far. I've only started on the sequential LED mod so far, projectors will come next but that's the hardest part if you ask me because the LED projectors are a touch different than the HID ones I'm used to modifying with. Requires a new approach. But new pics showcasing the addition of the projector (and the completed product for that matter) will be forthcoming.

Basic info: fully sequential LEDs with a pretty solid bluetooth app to control any aspect of them (color, animations, brightness (and they can be very bright), etc.). Popular "demon eye" passive backlight behind the projector lens for a party/parking lot trick. Lenses can be etched with custom graphics (I have the SVT logo on my own). LED projectors with high beam function (instant-on capability unlike HIDs with their warmup times). Professional mounting and inter-connections, everything water tight and condesation-proof. Plug & play (no modifying of anything on the car) which will be a plus. Everything would be provided, no guesswork.

For the photo, I actually had to turn the LEDs down to half brightness as on full power they were overexposing the camera, making it hard for you to discern the background from the insane amount of light these things put out. Needless to say, they will not wash out in broad daylight. If anything, they might even outshine all the expensive luxury brands (or really any other car today on the road). This pic simulates what a DRL can look like in the main lamp housing (though you may choose to also enable the corner lights to have DRLs as well, and with any color you'd like for that matter).

I'll get this on the board for now as my videos (you're gonna go bonkers over them) are still uploading. I will include links to my youtube channel so you can view each vid. Cheers.
20220426_183234.jpg

OP
OP
cobrajeff96

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Vid7

Vid8

Vid9

Vid10

So there you have it, these vids can give you an idea of what I'm creating. Like I said I'll be sure to respond again with updated pics/vids of the completed headlamp assembly with output shots at night of the projectors and everything else.

In the mean time... discuss.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its all a question of price. Most of the retrofits I have seen have just been too expensive for the average guy that just wants to go fast.

Looks cool though

OP
OP
cobrajeff96

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
That's mostly because of the parts that go in them. If you want Mustang lamps that perform well (not terrible like just about all of them) it costs.

Attachments

• Damnedbugs.jpg
    Damnedbugs.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 23

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I did my own retrofit so I understand how much the pieces cost and how much of a PIA it can be to get them apart and back together to justify what they cost to have done. People seem to think you can just unscrew them and the pop apart but it ain't like that people

badass98svt

Reaction score
I have a question. What do you reseal the headlights with. I've always used butyl on al my retrofits, but my SN95 headlight lenses kep peeling apart in the summer heat. The SN95 lenses aren't held on with screws or clips etc, it's just butyl holding them in place. I ended using a few small dabs of clear epoxy to (hopefully) hold them in place this summer.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I used butyl myself but the one piece lights I had had clips on them. If there were no clips I might try a couple dabs of hot glue here/there to first press them together and hold.

Ronnied

Reaction score
I will say those are pretty bad ass, I prefer the solid color but the ability to change is pretty cool. I would hate to see what the cost tho... specially for a cheap SOB like me.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
That's awesome! Amber moving turn signals? It'd definitely depend on price. But I would love to have headlights where I can actually see at night.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's awesome! Amber moving turn signals? It'd definitely depend on price. But I would love to have headlights where I can actually see at night.
a retrofit would help but its funny I never had a problem driving at night for the 20+ years I had it before I swapped them.

OP
OP
cobrajeff96

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
This may burst some people's bubbles, but just the LED projectors only themselves are $400. Just a guess at this point before crunching any other numbers, but a total out the door price tag may come to somewhere around $1,000 per set of completed lamps with the sequential LEDs in there. But damn you'd have all the visibility at night and a set of sequential LEDs that nobody else would.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
a retrofit would help but its funny I never had a problem driving at night for the 20+ years I had it before I swapped them.
I think part of the problem for me is going from the cars with HID headlights back to halogen and it becomes a question of "Are these things on?"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online