Moving driver seat back further

Tomwas

Reaction score
How difficult to get more distance in the driver sest... I'm 6 foot 2 inches... Could use a bit more leg room... Has anyone done any modification to the seat adjuster rails etc...

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Being 6' 1" I am right there with you. I have gotten used to it and really only drive the car a couple of times a month. Weirdly I also came to realize that I am basically sitting in the seating position when I am in a race car. A while ago I bought a set of the brackets for moving the seats back for more leg room. I think they were made by Griggs racing. But my memory could be wrong. I could dig around this weekend and see if I could find them. There might be even better solutions out there.

Jake

OP
OP
Tomwas

Tomwas

Reaction score
Okay thanks, just got it last week and not really on the road yet... Guess when I drive it more I'll get used to it...

delling3

Reaction score
Yes, there are brackets to relocate the seats further back. On a coupe the give 2-3”, but a bit less on a Vert due to the location of the seat belt reels.

I put a set in from CJ Pony Parts. Don’t recall the manufacturer. They do raise the seat height a bit - so be aware.

mrfast120

Reaction score
I just bought a set from LMR and they are awesome, it did raise seat approx. 1/2", but so much more comfortable--I'm also 6'2"

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I found a set of Kenny Brown ones I bought years ago and never used. If you want them I will send them to you for the cost of shipping only. Let me know. I have three pictures I can send. Just email me at [email protected].

Jake

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I believe LMR.com has them as well. They are my preferred vendor and are fast, with no Covid related delay excuses!

OP
OP
Tomwas

Tomwas

Reaction score
Have actually gotten used to it, have put over 1k miles on the car and loveit... Fun enjoyable ride... So much better than the 90 c4 I had...!!!

OP
OP
Tomwas

Tomwas

Reaction score
I found a set of Kenny Brown ones I bought years ago and never used. If you want them I will send them to you for the cost of shipping only. Let me know. I have three pictures I can send. Just email me at [email protected].

Jake
Sorry, missed your reply.. Thank you though... I have gotten accustomed to The position now after 1k miles driving her...

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Jake,
I’ll take ‘em!! Sent you an email via your link:

Daryl

Oops, maybe not! Just researched them and learned they LOWER the seat. I could use RAISE the seat a little. Bummer. My bad, sorry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.