Moving power seat... Without power.

Corndiddly

Reaction score
So I am trying to remove my drivers , but is all the way back and I can't get the rear bolts. I would just move it , but everything out of the engine bay so no power. Anyway to move the seat manually? Or does anyone know where the nearest power connector is ( not the one under the seat, I can't reach that one) so I can just power probe it. Thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Interesting question I was just tearing my stock seats apart too save the adj lumbar support to use in my new seats. Short of drilling the bolts out from the bottom I really don't know what you can do with out power. the hrns under it has some slack and you might be able to get enough of I to tap power long enough to move it. If you can't get it there it goes right out from under the seat to the side where it meets up with the main hrns. I think its black and black/white but not for sure there.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Sorry I did not see this earlier. I had the same thing happen. All you needed was a long enough wire, two of them, and attach them to the battery terminals and directly feed it to the plug on the seat. Have someone press the switch and move the seat while you hold it, or vice versa.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell