Moving some things around in the interior of my 94

MaximumRisk

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
some of you may remember me from a while back. I have been somewhat out the car game; taking care of business and family. I still drive the car, but have not modded it in anyway from what you last remember, but I am hopping back on the horse and decided to start by changing some things around in the interior of the old girl.
One of the things is simplifying the gauge setup. I, (dont laught at me) am still running my Accel DFI Gen7, so I have to run stand alone gauges. I found a company called The One Gauge which basically is an arduino box that receives an external signal from whatever sensors you have installed in your car, digitizes the signal and sends it to a touch screen which I have mounted where the cluster was (10" screen). I have some of my most important gauges displayed in the screen at the cluster. THe One gauge also produces a blutooth signal which you can connect to a tablet or phone to display additional gauges. I will be using the bluetooth to connect to an android based radio I installed in the center of the dash. I used the Florida50 radio delete kit to arrange things how I wanted. The heater controls now reside in the glove box. The center vents were deleted (my car does not have A/C and does not get driven in the winter) and in its place there will be a 10" screen android based radio, the top half of the screen will display the additional gauges that are not being displayed by the ONEGAUGE, the bottom half will display whatever radio/nav/waze, etc.
The other interior mod is a RedLine steering wheel (which should be here any minute now). I will also "remote" the shifter about 6 inches so it seats closer to me, and lastly I will be recovering my old, beat up Courbeau seats in leather ( I have to receive the steering wheel before I do the seats to make sure the leather matches)
The project has a long way to go and some slight changes will be done (especially visual to match the looks of The One Gauge and the Torque app.) plus some additional finishing touches.
Anyways here are some pics. Any questions, shoot...

Attachments

• IMG-1172 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-1172 (Medium).jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-1048 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-1048 (Medium).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG-1183 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-1183 (Medium).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-0955 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-0955 (Medium).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG-1185 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-1185 (Medium).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-1145 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-1145 (Medium).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-1187 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-1187 (Medium).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-0949 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-0949 (Medium).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-1168 (Medium).jpg
    IMG-1168 (Medium).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-1148.jpg
    IMG-1148.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 66

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like those digital displays!!!!! Totally different and totally badass!!!!!

Keep it up and stop being a damn stranger!!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MaximumRisk

MaximumRisk

Reaction score
I received the components to remote my shifter and have it closer to me. I have to lean forward when doing my 2-3 shift and i think this mod should take care of that. As you can see from the pic, the lever will come up thru one the cup holder holes. The base will be welded to the trans tunnel. The pics are mock up only. Nothing has been welded yet.

please parson the huge mess. I have got a couple of projects going on at the same time

Attachments

• CC2C7D8E-03EC-438E-B6B6-03AE6B474502.jpeg
    CC2C7D8E-03EC-438E-B6B6-03AE6B474502.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 35820D92-E5C0-4FDB-846D-771C30CCD037.jpeg
    35820D92-E5C0-4FDB-846D-771C30CCD037.jpeg
    377.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 5E29C0B7-A805-4D24-939D-6979AACA45B2.jpeg
    5E29C0B7-A805-4D24-939D-6979AACA45B2.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 9B3657DB-D5DA-4854-BEAF-7D7B17B95026.jpeg
    9B3657DB-D5DA-4854-BEAF-7D7B17B95026.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 36

Werecow

Reaction score
Good sir... You are on your way to scoring epic on the badassery scale on that interior redo!!

OP
OP
MaximumRisk

MaximumRisk

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I am waiting for the steering wheel from redline so i could then have the seats reupholstered. i should have everything done in a about 4 weeks ( if things go according to plan...knock on wood.... LOL)

OP
OP
MaximumRisk

MaximumRisk

Reaction score
I have never seen a shifter moved so close before.

it sits 7” back and 1” over towards the driver. I really like how it feels where it sits. Another plus (for me), aside from positioning, is that because of the downward angle of the “extending arm” in relation to the shifter, the throws are significantly shorter.
Once i put everything back together and the car is running i will be able to give you all better feedback.

Werecow

Reaction score
Dude, seriously you outta think about getting some sort of patent on that shifter remote!!! I'm sure there's a market for it out there!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you super tall and sitting all the way back?? I’m just curious why you need it so far back but I do like the remote setup. Pretty cool.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are you super tall and sitting all the way back?? I’m just curious why you need it so far back but I do like the remote setup. Pretty cool.

I was thinking he had tyranasaurus rex arms or something but was afraid to say it and find out its a legit disability or something...

OP
OP
MaximumRisk

MaximumRisk

Reaction score
Dude, seriously you outta think about getting some sort of patent on that shifter remote!!! I'm sure there's a market for it out there!!

i cannot take the credit for the shifter. There is a guy that road races and he had done one similar for himself. Mine sits slightly different than his but it is based on his design and he modified the CAD and machined it to my specs and the result is what you see. It is a really nice piece.

i am not that tall at 6’2”, but i have always had to lean forward a bit when doing a 2-3 and 4-5 shifts, This is specially an issue when at the track, as you know the harness holds you really tight against the seat making that shift a little difficult. I ignored the issue for a long time as i had not been to the track in a while, but i am trying to do a little more racing this year and i am hoping this helps.
My previous setup consisted of a 1.5” spacer moving the handle closer plus a Steeda shifter handle, so when you put it all together this new shifter is about 4” further back than my previous setup.

OP
OP
MaximumRisk

MaximumRisk

Reaction score
Just got done mounting the shifter. Here is a short video of it in action. The shift knob is barely on, the grub stud i ordered for it is too short so there is almost no thread to screw in the knob, i need to order a longer one. Anyways, here is a sneak peek so you can see more or less how it works

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just got done mounting the shifter. Here is a short video of it in action. The shift knob is barely on, the grub stud i ordered for it is too short so there is almost no thread to screw in the knob, i need to order a longer one. Anyways, here is a sneak peek so you can see more or less how it works

You forgot to make motor sounds like your actually driving it. Without, this video is lacking!!!! [emoji38]

Now make us a proper vrrroooommmmm.... video or else!!!!!! [emoji1787]

OP
OP
MaximumRisk

MaximumRisk

Reaction score
You forgot to make motor sounds like your actually driving it. Without, this video is lacking!!!! [emoji38]

Now make us a proper vrrroooommmmm.... video or else!!!!!! [emoji1787]

LOL, i will get that for you right away One more pic

Attachments

• F7FD64E4-FA18-4A8C-A599-7801E6BB9E48.jpeg
    F7FD64E4-FA18-4A8C-A599-7801E6BB9E48.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 17

50HSN95

Reaction score
Wow! That dash set up is amazing!

Are there configurable inputs on the One Gauge for things like blinkers, high beams and such?

OP
OP
MaximumRisk

MaximumRisk

Reaction score
Wow! That dash set up is amazing!

Are there configurable inputs on the One Gauge for things like blinkers, high beams and such?

I do have the turn signals integrated into the screen (I will post a shot clip a little later). The screen is a touch screen connected to an arduino which makes it so that you can, pretty much, control anything electronic including triggering relays. For example: it can be setup so that you can turn on/off your headlights or fog lights with a touch of a button on the screen. You can program it to control cooling fans, pretty much anything you can think off it can be programmed to do. oh and by the way, you can have 2 and in some setups 3 screens controlling the action!