msd ignition module?

MikuTheDriftstang

Reaction score
Okay so today I saw a msd piggy back ignition module. I was wondering if any 3.8 owners have used one to raise their Rev limiter and increase the amamount of fuel being burnt. I need to upgrade my ignition system soon and am bouncing the idea of using this to help do it. American muscle says it will work, but I've only seen one used on an old carbed 350 so I'm not sure how it would work with a computer controlled engine. Any thoughts? I need to do a upgrade soon because I can smell the raw fuel coming out the tail pipe even after the cats are hot and working. Is it worth the $250 or should I just do a msd coil and wired with better plugs?

OP
OP
M

MikuTheDriftstang

Reaction score
Well that sucks. I have used their products on other cars and loved em but I'm not to sure if that pproduct would be worth it. Also i founder out that American muscle won't do aftermarket forced induction tunes for any mustangs. Any ideas on another group that might do then based on mods? I just don't want to pay for the software to tune it myself

stangdriven

Reaction score
I have used the msd ingition coil on mine since ive been built and i will never put another one on again.. the day i put it away for storage for this winter, me and my dad were messing with stuff because i have had idle issues, well we found the coil was breaking down and at the slightest throttle, i had a misfire, hesitation.. since we couldnt get our hands on a ford oem one, dealt with a bwd from oreilly's and no more problems with the hesitation/mis.. thought id share my experience.. others have had great experience but not me.. there are a lot of v6er's that will state the oem is best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online