MSD Ignition

redmustang95

Reaction score
Just bought super conductor wires, cap/rotor combo, and blaster coil. What else can i replace to improve the stock ignition on my Stang?

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
Jperran said:
return all of that and go with stock.
Now why would you say that???

To answer your question would be get an MSD ignition box(6AL,6BTM,ETC) and an MSD distributer. That would complete everything for an after market ignition system

97vertstang

Reaction score
i actually think everything u got was good.i have a lot of faith in msd.evrything ignition related i buy msd, u bought basically all u need.msd ignition boxes help the older cars, 70s and older.unless u need a boost timing retard for a blower or nitrous, dont get a msd box.u dont need and it wont really help u right now.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I have the whole setup and I love it. The 6A Box for me was the biggest improvement I saw...

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
97vertstang said:
i actually think everything u got was good.i have a lot of faith in msd.evrything ignition related i buy msd, u bought basically all u need.msd ignition boxes help the older cars, 70s and older.unless u need a boost timing retard for a blower or nitrous, dont get a msd box.u dont need and it wont really help u right now.
um no it will even help a stock car.

OP
OP
R

redmustang95

Reaction score
So far I have noticed better response and fuel economy. Will autolite 764 plugs work on my Stang or are they just for Cobras?

ryclef331

Reaction score
the plugs may work on your car but thats not what is SUPPOSED to go in your E7E heads....remember, cobra's have GT40 heads. Run the plug that was meant to go in your head. Motorcraft or Autolites are all I ran when I had stock plugs. As far as an ignition box, I have a Digital 6 in my car and its AWESOME. Timing retard for nitrous is the HEAT and a built in Two step? No pills? Whats not to love? Yeah, it may be a bit overkill on a stocker but hey, how long are going to leave the car stock?!

Stangbangin

Reaction score
you know why I want an MSD ignition??? it looks cool when you open the hood.

5literstang

Reaction score
its not really worth it unless you have nitrous or boost so you can retard and advance it

ryclef331

Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
you know why I want an MSD ignition??? it looks cool when you open the hood.

Damn that...mount it behind the seat.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
so when your listing mods you can finish with oh yea and some MSD stuff.

ryclef331

Reaction score
124747640.jpg

124795305.jpg

Here's mine...

Stangbangin

Reaction score
that looks pretty phat too. behind the seat would be a good place if you had a reat seat delete or something. what does the digital box do so different that the regualr 6al?

ryclef331

Reaction score
No pills required!

Dial adjust for:

-Max Rev
-2-Step Rev Limiter
-Start Timing Retard
-Switched Timing Retard (PERFECT for NITROUS)

I put it BEHIND the seat b/c its right there to adjust. I just open the door and dial in more timing or different RPMs on the limiters. I don't have to unlock, then pop the hood, and work around a hot engine....Oh...and it looks trick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online