Muck in radiator over flow tank.

JJhirsch

Reaction score
1994 Mustang GT Only bolt on mods to the motor.

So i changed my oil yesterday and while i was waiting for the oil to drain i check my cooling system. First i took a look at the radiator cap and i sow some dark green muck stuck to some parts of the cap. I then looked at the over flow and coolant looked clear enough but when i took the coolant low sensor out i sow some stuff on the sensor too. So today i did a flush and put in some old school Green coolant and when i took the over flow tank out i found 1 inch of Brown, gray and dark green muck at the bottom almost like some very fine sand/mud so i rinsed it all out.

Is this normal? could it be from not cleaning the overflow tank out for a long time? I have changed the fluid last about 3 years ago.

1. Since i have owned the car for 6 years i have had the Old school green but just last year i changed the top radiator hose and bought some PEAK Global (gold/yellow) to top it off Maybe 1/10th of a bottle because the bottle says for all make and models and i can add to any kind of coolant.

2. 3 years ago i put a new radiator and water pump in from Oriley's.

3. One time that i did a flush (3 years ago) i used tap water because i never knew about using distilled but i dont think that would cause a big reaction to cause muck.

Thanks JJ

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you sure the previous owner didn't put any of that radiator stop leak shit in there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online