Want To Buy Mustang (Any year) (Any engine type)

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Talked my friend a few months back into buying a Mustang. Boy was it a chore getting him away from the VW scene. He fell in love with my car. And wants me to help build him a Mustang for himself. He just recently got enough cash to buy a nice starter Mustang. He basically handed me the cash and told me to go hunting. We live in Enfield Connecticut. And we are willing to drive an hour or 2 away if the deal is good enough. His cap on price is $2500 cash. Looking for any year, fox body or SN95, He doesn't care if it is a V6 or V8. V8 has more power but V6 will save him on insurance. So it's a in with whatever powerplant is in the car.

Preferably no major body work needed.Paint doesn't have to be good. He might end up painting it anyways. Minimal rust. Motor has to be running strong. I don't want him having to go through what I did on mine.

Kind of in a rush to pick one up for him. Gives him a few months to save up for some parts and gives us all spring and summer to wrench on it. Hopefully he will have a show worthy car come August for the AM show, and instead of him riding shot gun with me he will be following me in his own car.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Ill keep my eyes out for ya. Dont think I could sell my car for 2500 lol

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Ill keep my eyes out for ya. Dont think I could sell my car for 2500 lol
Oh come on you know you want to sell it for $2500 ;)

FivepointSlow Theres a 85 5.0 for sale by me, $2500
I'd ask for more info but I would like to not have to drive like 3 hours just to see if the cars even worth it.. lol thanks though.

Trying to get him a car before the spring roles around.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
My friend just came across this and texted me... Looks beautiful.
Probably was a rental car at some point in it's life due to the door trim.... Top looks like it's in really good shape... 170k. V6 auto. He wants $2600 for it. Opinions??
Eq0JPWG.jpg

r0vCKCA.jpg

PXCdvIK.jpg

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GT's with less miles than that go for that price around here.

I'm not sure how prices are in your area but based on that alone, i'd pass. Unless of course you can drop him down to $1800-2000.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My friend just came across this and texted me... Looks beautiful.
Probably was a rental car at some point in it's life due to the door trim.... Top looks like it's in really good shape... 170k. V6 auto. He wants $2600 for it. Opinions??
Eq0JPWG.jpg

r0vCKCA.jpg

PXCdvIK.jpg

Looks clean but eh.. price.. I found a 85 GT, 5.0, stick, pretty nice shape for a 29 year old car for $2500 which I'm sure you could get it for like 2200. But its a nice drive for ya lol. 170k i'd stay away.. Talk him into a GT.

cobrazilla

Reaction score
Although I know distance is an issue for you guys to pick one up. There are still deals out there. I would patiently keep looking till you find maybe something like this. Guy claims it only needs head gaskets. Car still runs, but has traces of coolant in the oil. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4338266887.html

Addermk2

Reaction score
Add $10000 to what you've got, and you can come pick up my turbo auto 351w Cobra.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evolution 4G

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Currently not looking anymore... Pretty certain we're going to go through and buy Hill's car... Mods please don't close this just yet though. It's gonna be a month til we see the car so it's not a done deal yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online