" Mustang going to China"

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly don't care where its sold.
I think its a very good move from ford, they'll make money from them worldwide. Especially in europe, they love the ecoboost and the styling.

The only con I can think about china is they're going to make a crap copy of it.

OP
OP
GMSMOKR

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
That "Cons" is what I was thinking .. Not to mention will the image of the American Muscle .. Become the new style Rice Burner?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That "Cons" is what I was thinking .. Not to mention will the image of the American Muscle .. Become the new style Rice Burner?

I think it's cool - it's about damn time this country started making things and exporting them again. So I support it.

Regarding your rice burner comment, I guess it really depends on your definition of "rice."

if you mean rice to be tasteless mods done to do a car, then there are already plenty of rice'ed out Mustangs; just go look at the Craigslist Fail thread. And I don't know what it's like where you live, but the majority of the rice'ed out cars I see locally are not driven by Asians...

On the other hand, if you mean rice to be Oriental or Asian, let me remind you of the Skyline, Evo, STI, NSX just to name a few. I think the Mustang is in good company and any changes to it as a result of going against those caliber of cars can only be a good thing.

Edit: I thought for a min, from the thread title, that the Mustang manufacturing and assembly was being moved to China lol. :)

OP
OP
GMSMOKR

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Lol.. Well put :) .. I think it's a cool idea for Fords to go this direction for the profit stand point ..As for the definition, it's a little of both... But more so with the Eco Boost Stang slammed with Smaller Wheels, Big can exhaust sticking out the back with a High wing on the back and a non active roof scoop "Rice Burner style" :).. I'm sure it will look cool, if you like that sort of thing " Tasteless mods" of course it's all hypothetical .. But one can only assume that the images will start to show up soon.

OP
OP
GMSMOKR

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Lmao.. Rice Burner style Stang

RichV

Reaction score
Who cares, we have just as many tasteless shit-boxes out here.

The true enthusiasts around the globe know how to truly mod a vehicle no matter what it is or where it is. To think a specific continent mods their cars bad is just theorizing. Besides, it will take a long time for the Mustang to be cheap enough for the budget modder. The average wage is around $5000 per YEAR! How can the masses even afford it??

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score

The true enthusiasts around the globe know how to truly mod a vehicle no matter what it is or where it is. To think a specific continent mods their cars bad is just theorizing. Besides, it will take a long time for the Mustang to be cheap enough for the budget modder. The average wage is around $5000 per YEAR! How can the masses even afford it??

Thats too true, if only 100 are being sent over there I imagine that car collectors will end up with most of them.

OP
OP
GMSMOKR

GMSMOKR

Reaction score

Lol..I know what you mean Richie Rich..

OP
OP
GMSMOKR

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Thats too true, if only 100 are being sent over there I imagine that car collectors will end up with most of them.
Well..Not sure how many is really going...But I know that first shipment of 100..Could become a collectors car over there.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Ford has been returning to its former glory in the past two decades and I'm glad to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as a long time stock owner in ford I support it. Not sure what it matters if they rice them out of not and if they do its their car so have fun. Hopeully ford will start a rice line of accessories to sell.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with it, at least they can get replacement transmissions easily since the getrag mt82 is made in China...

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's about time they bought something of ours, Lord knows we buy their garbage. Can't drive down the road for half a mile without passing an import.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm with Tyler. It's about time we exported over to them, as opposed to them always exporting to us. At least we'll give them something built a little better than the garbage they give us ;)

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Waits to see one with a tail pipe sticking four feet above the roof. LoL

Give it time, they'll turn it into one of these.

your-guide-to-the-japanese-car-culture-54990_1.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online