Mustang GT 2009

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

Maybe you already saw this pic :

09_Ford_MustangIllus_01.jpg

It's the 2009 Mustang, you can remark a light facelift, also the engine will be more economical on highway the V8 will use only 4 cylinders.

You like it ?

Francis

r_suh

Reaction score
looks just like the 05/06
:santa_undecided:

Greggerex

Reaction score
:dunno:

So they just gave it an ugly lower front fascia? Nice work, boys...

G

GREG@SN95

the front bumper is ugly...

But overall... I think it looks great

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I actually don't mind it. Looks wise it is not much different and our SN95's still have way better looks. And I don't have a problem with the 4 cyclinders when highway driving, Ford was thinking ahead. I don't care what anyone says, gas prices are going to go up. Saving gas when you don't need it is smart in my opinion.

r_suh

Reaction score
u do have a point there. But at what cost is saving gas that important? I know GM has a similiar thing where they shut off a few cylinders for saving gas but won't that wear out those cylinders faster than the ones that are shut off?
or maybe its just that i am upset the gas prices are so high because i treasure my v8 and would not trade it for some new technocrap. i just like to burn gas... TONS OF IT! :santa_evil:

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
r_suh said:
u do have a point there. But at what cost is saving gas that important? I know GM has a similiar thing where they shut off a few cylinders for saving gas but won't that wear out those cylinders faster than the ones that are shut off?
or maybe its just that i am upset the gas prices are so high because i treasure my v8 and would not trade it for some new technocrap. i just like to burn gas... TONS OF IT! :santa_evil:

Lets all just hope and pray that gas starts to come back down. They did find a pretty decent oil supply down by mexico or something. And Caddilac had something like this back in the late 70's and early 80's and had nothing but problems. My 5.0 loves gasoline and I honestly wish it didn't. My wallet does not like gasoline as much as my car does. You also have to think that maybe a lot of people have a dream to own a mustang, but once they buy one they really can't buy anything else. Im sure they would want that car to get good gas mileage considering that would be there one and only to some.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
r_suh said:

Lets all just hope and pray that gas starts to come back down. They did find a pretty decent oil supply down by mexico or something. And Caddilac had something like this back in the late 70's and early 80's and had nothing but problems. My 5.0 loves gasoline and I honestly wish it didn't. My wallet does not like gasoline as much as my car does. You also have to think that maybe a lot of people have a dream to own a mustang, but once they buy one they really can't buy anything else. Im sure they would want that car to get good gas mileage considering that would be there one and only to some.

The sad news is that no matter how many more oil supplies they can find realistically, we are going to run out of oil. :santa_cry:

We need to start implementing the alternatives in everyday life......

r_suh

Reaction score
there was a really good program on cnn about how North america would suffer if there was ever an oil crisis.
i have a feeling that sooner or later north america will implement some sort of environment friendly fuel such as ethynol but on a massive scale for the daily consumer to access. but still i believe that day is years if not tens of years away.

But hey look on the bright side i think bottled water is still more expensive than gasoline.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll doubt will run out of oil.

Anywyas the new Monte Carlos have the cylinder shut off thingy as well as other GM models...

97vertstang

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Fets said:
I'll doubt will run out of oil.

http://www.askquestions.org/details.php?id=65

"Best case: we've got about 45 years until the oil runs out. But be warned: our troubles will start when global demand exceeds readily available supplies. And many people say that we're already there."
if this is true , its going to suck!!!! theres going to be wars, and shit.

G

GREG@SN95

the v8 that can run on certain cylinders is not bad... If thats what ford needs to do to keep sales up then good...

+ Ya'll have HP and gas milage

Take a look at the vette... 500+ HP anytime ya need it... 21MPG... Now w/ out that technology... it'd make less then 10MPG

We have the tech... use it...

sure it'll cost more to mod etc etc etc...

But the cars are changing... I still perfer an old pushrod carb'd engine... shoot... I love them old flat heads... but look at the DOHC 32 281...

I gots a feeling that ford may do a new edge repeat...

They repeat the classics
this one looks a bit like the late 70s fastback

whats next?

new edge fox?
new edge SN95
new edge... new edge SN? lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99