Mustang missing through all rpms pretty much

from6to8

Reaction score
yeah i just PMed 331. My problems were pretty much just like his with same codes. I fixed a blown intake gasket and still having missing issues. Did a compression test and not sure if the guage was malfunctioning but no. 2 showed 120 at first then over course of a week and checking it, it showed sometimes 100, 90, 60. If i did the test immediately after doing a test that showed say 100, it would show 0. Did the oil in the hole as well and comp didnt rise. I will try some things today including a new pcm and see what happens. Might also change the plugs and wires and cap n rotor just to see even though those things are current. If they dont solve the issue at least next time when time to change them i will put the other stuff back on as they arent old.

also have on the list to get all grounds checked as well as a leak down test done. I'm going to copy and paste this in a new thread also though cause yes i understand how old threads just dont get the attention any longer

codes are 511 and 565 and also got a 111 sytem pass. I do have a tune from 05 autologic software that no one any longer uses

One guy who seems to be a pretty smart guru, told me that the lifter preload needs to be set/tested also probably. Theres really no noise though, nothing loud, ticking or anything, no chatter. There is just a slight little sound like a fan sort of but i think that might be the engine as a whole. Is it possible the guy who put my heads and intake on in 05 didnt set it correctly and it run but not run as it should? Would it now 9 yrs later be causing missing and such?

95opal

Reaction score
Im assuming you have a chip in the car which usually throws the 511 code?
code 565 is canister purge. Usually broken line. Remove fender well inspect and replace dry rotted hose.
With no other codes present I would first pull the plugs to see how each cylinder is burning. Might be bad plug wires. You cant rule out a bad dizzy either. Also spray some intake or t-body cleaner around the motor while running, listen for a change in idle. If one is present you have a vac leak in that area.

Compression check on #2 doesn't look good BTW

decipha

Reaction score
Theres still a few of us that can modify the autologic tunes

Reason why its not very supported is because theres better alternatives out now with much more support

RichV

Reaction score
Make sure you crack the throttle open when you do a compression check.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online