MUSTANGMURLEY'S 1996 GT 4.6L 2V SOHC SN95 BUILD

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Always wondered this. All you need is tubular lowers and you can ditch the quads?

In the same boat always wondered if it was safe to remove them I've heard and read about a lot of people removing them bc tire rub but I was never sure how "safe" it actually was. Are there any benefits to keeping them? I bit the bullet and ordered 285 40 18s for $100 more than the 305s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
My quad shocks were blown out to begin with, so when I swapped my rear axle and control arms out I went ahead and removed the quad shock brackets off the axle and the frame of the car. Zero problems. Tubular lowers will make a noticeable difference in the car.

I'm selling some if interested. ***shameless plug***

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
My quad shocks were blown out to begin with, so when I swapped my rear axle and control arms out I went ahead and removed the quad shock brackets off the axle and the frame of the car. Zero problems. Tubular lowers will make a noticeable difference in the car.

I'm selling some if interested. ***shameless plug***

Thanks for the info!!! I've got tubular lowers already or I'd be all over it. Looks like I'll be taking them off then!

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Yeah same here. Already have tubular lowers but never removed the quads

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
No prob. You shoulda got the 305's then lol

Ehh I'm still unsure with the fenders not being rolled. I have a 1.5-2" wheel gap now with a 35 wall. I'm going to do some measuring tonight I called them and told them to hold my order for now.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
The single wire for the alternator jumps the stator inside. The new edge alternator doesn't have that?

That single black wore grounds to the bolt for the fuel rail.

What are you thinking on these wires warrior?! Should I ground them or snip them?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What are you thinking on these wires warrior?! Should I ground them or snip them?

I looked up schematics on the 4g alternator and it looks like it only uses the two wires so the middle white wire is not needed on this.You can clip that one if youd like. Or just fold it back and tape it to the other wires so that its out of the way.

The black wire that was grounded to the fuel rail, I would try to extend it and get it to the fuel rail mounting bolt. Grounds are important.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
I looked up schematics on the 4g alternator and it looks like it only uses the two wires so the middle white wire is not needed on this.You can clip that one if youd like. Or just fold it back and tape it to the other wires so that its out of the way.

The black wire that was grounded to the fuel rail, I would try to extend it and get it to the fuel rail mounting bolt. Grounds are important.

Perfect prolly snip the alt wire and I'll find somewhere to ground out the old fuel pressure reg ground. Thanks for the info. Getting new rubber mounted today and hopefully get my driver seat in by the end of the weekend! Supposed to be 60 here Saturday spring is coming!!!

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!!! I've got tubular lowers already or I'd be all over it. Looks like I'll be taking them off then!

You wont notice a difference. On all my stangs that is my first modification. Ditching the quad shocks and throwing them in the trash. I also throw the front sway bar in the trash but I set my stuff up for the strait line fun.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
You wont notice a difference. On all my stangs that is my first modification. Ditching the quad shocks and throwing them in the trash. I also throw the front sway bar in the trash but I set my stuff up for the strait line fun.

Going to ditch them!

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Finishing up seat brackets tonight I need to drill a couple holes to match up with my seat sliders.
e749eaecb1416a02f18c69e29af5df62.jpg

New rubber is on.
8932c9c4a84f285d90f0cbaf930a2997.jpg

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Round of seafoam and an oil change today. Almost ready to come out of the garage for the first time this year!
09aadf2532044257582b660a2dc77f2c.jpg

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
What'skimd of seats are those? Where'd you get them from?

eBay. Unbranded. Although I have to say they are put together well. All the stitches are good and material is tucked. I'm just curious to see how the color holds up hopefully they don't fade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online