MUSTANGMURLEY'S 1996 GT 4.6L 2V SOHC SN95 BUILD

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
So I found this today when taking off my front driver side tire to look at the old k member and a arms tie rod ends ball joints ect
642db8c05c09b11375c8fa2d4b23a250.jpg

8192cc3855832204189ce44e66ae863b.jpg

9008fb5e21166f634f6be3e1c8cc79aa.jpg

I checked for rubbing on the shock tower or anywhere in the wheel well and there's no sign of rubbing. I'm unsure if I picked something up on the road or if one of the belts in the tire tread just let loose either way I'm glad I pulled it off and found it before it let loose while I was on the road. The passenger tire is fine and is wearing perfect. Anyone else had a problem with these tires? They are nankang Nobel sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I'm running them on my towncar for over a year now with no issues. Plus now have some on my gals ride. Did you get them from discount tire? If so did you get the certificate for replacement?

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
I did get them from discount I'll have to check with them to see if they still have my purchase on record.

mickey

Reaction score
Subscribing, interested in K member install. what made you go with upr? Did you do a lot of research? I'm looking to switch out my K member also, I was looking at team z but am still in the early stages of research.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Subscribing, interested in K member install. what made you go with upr? Did you do a lot of research? I'm looking to switch out my K member also, I was looking at team z but am still in the early stages of research.

Don't mean to thread jack OP.

I put a UPR k-member in my car. The fitment was crap. A buddy put one in his car and it fit perfectly. That seems to be the going rate for UPR, some fit great and other hardly fit at all. The UPR customer service was great to me though. If I had to do it again, I would save up and get the maximum motorsports k-member. I took pictures of my install, the are in my build thread linked in my signature.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I did get them from discount I'll have to check with them to see if they still have my purchase on record.

If you have the certificates and it's not alignment issue. They'll send you replacement.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
That's what I have heard also some fit perfectly with zero problems and some are a little difficult to fit in. I decided to go with UPR because I got the k member a arms and coil over kit for $650. I had looked at the maximum motor sports k member kit but it was much more expensive and for what I'm using my car for I don't need the maximum motor sports I should hold my breath because now I'll prolly have a world of trouble installing the UPR k member. I also found out some information from nicks 98 slow build thread he just installed a UPR k member on his stang.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Looks like your alignment may be slightly off

If the alignment was off wouldn't it wear the passenger side also? Passenger side is fine. I'm thinking a belt in the tread just let loose or I ran over something. An alignment is in order after the k member is installed anyways but it's got me stumped.

mickey

Reaction score
If the alignment was off wouldn't it wear the passenger side also? Passenger side is fine. I'm thinking a belt in the tread just let loose or I ran over something. An alignment is in order after the k member is installed anyways but it's got me stumped.

How many miles do you have on them if you get a farther pic from the tire to show the whole tire would help with trying to diag. could just be crappy tires but may be a camber issue.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Front tires prolly have roughly 10-15k on them.. I'm hoping that the issue is resolved when I swap these k members.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
That's what I have heard also some fit perfectly with zero problems and some are a little difficult to fit in. I decided to go with UPR because I got the k member a arms and coil over kit for $650. I had looked at the maximum motor sports k member kit but it was much more expensive and for what I'm using my car for I don't need the maximum motor sports I should hold my breath because now I'll prolly have a world of trouble installing the UPR k member. I also found out some information from nicks 98 slow build thread he just installed a UPR k member on his stang.

I have had good luck with the upr kit and the same with two of my other friends I helped install. However if I had the budget, I too would have went with maximum motorsport units. But for what I paid I cannot complain.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Ordered the bump steer kit this morning. Should have the new tire and k member kit in by the end of this week. New k member should be in by the end of January!

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Ordered the bump steer kit this morning. Should have the new tire and k member kit in by the end of this week. New k member should be in by the end of January!

So you had the certificate?

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
So you had the certificate?

No they couldn't locate my purchase and I was unable to find my receipt. I had purchased them off eBay. I broke down and just bought a new tire from them again :( really wanted to spend that $100 on a polished coolant expansion tank, but I'm ballin on a budget haha but I actually had my eBay bucks and a little cash from getting rid of my old intake and plenum/TB so that covered it.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You wouldn't necessarily wear out both tires. It's possible only one would wear out from a bad alignment

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
You wouldn't necessarily wear out both tires. It's possible only one would wear out from a bad alignment

I had just figured since it was that dramatic of a gash all the way around if it was an alignment issue it would have worn at least somewhat on the opposite side first thought was everything being symmetrical but I understand where you're coming from now. It was a great time to upgrade front suspension I guess I got lucky. I'm just really glad it didn't blow out while I was on the road and possibly cause a lot of damage. I actually got off work today and found this
ea0d7779be478023c86064e2976597e8.jpg

Christmas again. [emoji318]

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yayy! And yea, I have found it before it blew before as well. Makes your butt pucker a little bit lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Staff online