MUSTANGMURLEY'S 1996 GT 4.6L 2V SOHC SN95 BUILD

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
What should I do with my stock k member when I have it out? Do they have any value resell wise or should I just scrap it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
They fit fox bodies as well. Their is a desire. Put $50 on it, see what happens.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I've had mine out and up for grabs for almost a year. Cant get a bite. I do however know they have some value as from what I understand they can fit an LS engine with just a motor mount adapter. I decided to keep mine in-case someday I ever part out my car and go back to factory.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
I've had mine out and up for grabs for almost a year. Cant get a bite. I do however know they have some value as from what I understand they can fit an LS engine with just a motor mount adapter. I decided to keep mine in-case someday I ever part out my car and go back to factory.

I'm thinking I'll list it online a couple places and see if I can get rid of it. I see there are a couple on eBay.... Hopefully someone picks it up. NEVER GOING BACK TO STOCK. [emoji48]

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll list it online a couple places and see if I can get rid of it. I see there are a couple on eBay.... Hopefully someone picks it up. NEVER GOING BACK TO STOCK. [emoji48]

Haha I hear you there. Sn's aren't really worth much for resale so I figured if I try to keep all of my stock stuff and decide to let the car go I will get a much better return on investment parting out the aftermarket and selling her as a near factory stang. Then again I never plan on letting ole budget blue go...

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Haha I hear you there. Sn's aren't really worth much for resale so I figured if I try to keep all of my stock stuff and decide to let the car go I will get a much better return on investment parting out the aftermarket and selling her as a near factory stang. Then again I never plan on letting ole budget blue go...

Heard that not a bad idea my plan is to eventually give this mustang to my son or daughter when time comes never getting rid of my first build. I want to build a new edge at some point when I get tired of putting money into this one.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score

Still have not received the k member, a arms, or coil over kit so I called UPR apparently they are short handed right now and said they just got it powder coated Monday and it should be in the mail yesterday evening or this morning. I believe they are out of FL... @g36monkey see if they'll give you a job start running that place!!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bwahaha, I am pretty sure they are a little further south. I knew a guy who worked there

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
It got down to the high 40's last night! I had to break out a parka! ;p

This is what I'm dealing with...
7b83d2618a0bbc99515e6fd4f89984ee.jpg

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Does anyone know much about the powerdyne supercharger kits? Are they junk compared to pro charger and other supercharger kits?

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Dude lol..... Its been in the negatives here in Iowa the past week.

I've always heard powerdynes are less to be desired for.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Dude lol..... Its been in the negatives here in Iowa the past week.

I've always heard powerdynes are less to be desired for.

It's been snowing all day here was -2 and even less with windchill. WINTER SUCKS!!! After some research I found that they are terrible all the reviews I read said if your pushing more than 6psi they eat belts. I had found a kit for cheaper with a new internals and a Kevlar belt but I decided against it eventually I'm going to do a Vortech or Paxton blower I had figured if I was going to put a blower on I'm going to do it right.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Does anyone know much about the powerdyne supercharger kits? Are they junk compared to pro charger and other supercharger kits?

One came up on Craigslist near me pretty cheap but after googling reviews I was scared away from it lol. I don't have firsthand experience but the people of the internet don't talk it up at all

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
One came up on Craigslist near me pretty cheap but after googling reviews I was scared away from it lol. I don't have firsthand experience but the people of the internet don't talk it up at all

I had found one on eBay with new internals and a new Kevlar belt but like you I started researching the Internet for reviews and found that they are more trouble than anything. I also was scared away because of all the negative feedback and reviews and they are belt driven so the "whine" of the blower isn't very/as noticeable as other blowers and I wanna hear that b!tch screaming.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Got these in the mail today. Going to pull cluster later this week.. Also going to pull out MAF and IAC and clean them up... I got my tubular kit earlier this week but it's been so cold I haven't had the motivation to even think about starting that project yet.
47adf1706013d4bb48b7c0619d6f13e7.jpg

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Got these in the mail today. Going to pull cluster later this week.. Also going to pull out MAF and IAC and clean them up... I got my tubular kit earlier this week but it's been so cold I haven't had the motivation to even think about starting that project yet.
47adf1706013d4bb48b7c0619d6f13e7.jpg

May be a dumb question but what are those? LED's? Interested to see how this turns out been thinking of getting rid of the ugly green.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.