Musturds 1996 mystic cobra build

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Time to track down some parts for the swap . Planning on using the Holley swap pan with factory k member going to try and do this on the cheap .
I have not used the Holley swap pan, but I did use a stock modular kmember in my fox coyote swap with a Canton swap pan. It worked. I used BBK ceramic(what a joke) headers and they fit pretty well but their Xpipe seemed more suited to an sn than a fox.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not used the Holley swap pan, but I did use a stock modular kmember in my fox coyote swap with a Canton swap pan. It worked. I used BBK ceramic(what a joke) headers and they fit pretty well but their Xpipe seemed more suited to an sn than a fox.

Good things to hear . Yea the new Holley swap pan seems like a nice piece at a reasonable price . I’m going to buy the Holley forward facing turbo headers and whip up some witch craft and wizardy

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Good things to hear . Yea the new Holley swap pan seems like a nice piece at a reasonable price . I’m going to buy the Holley forward facing turbo headers and whip up some witch craft and wizardy
If you'd like, get with me for pricing before you order. I just need part numbers. I like to help a brotha out.

Richksales

Reaction score
So 3 weeks ago I was on the craigslist and came across a 1996 mystic cobra for 3k . Had a list of recent work In the last month prior totalling close to 3k the kid said the spring in the clutch was broken .... At this time I knew he had no clue . So I got ahold of him and said I'm coming with cash text me ur number car fired right up and it moved forward and back so I said will you take 2500? He immediately said yes . So I drove her home lightly as it would skip a little . The exhaust was broken to all hell at the h pipe . I get back to my shop jack the car up and pull the inspection cover . The weight on the clutch fork had came off the bolt was Mia ... The kid had just had the clutch done the weight was lodged up in the bell so the clutch wouldn't fully disengage I fixed it in like 5 mins went for a test drive banged second gear and was just laughing to myself . The next day I repaired the exhaust and while on the hoist I noticed the oil cooler was leaking 17 bucks for o-rings and she's all fixed . So for $2517 I gotta mystic cobra for a new daily ... I'm quite happy with the find.

View attachment 13207

View attachment 13208
Just goes to show you there’s a diamond in the rough every once and a while.

Snorky

Reaction score
Just goes to show you there’s a diamond in the rough every once and a while.
If you go through the whole thread you find out the mystic was a complete bomb. Hit a few times and has bodbo over rust and more

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just goes to show you there’s a diamond in the rough every once in a while.
Far from a diamond in the rough . Cars been hit a few times and bondo’d over. It’s not rusty or anything but it’s pretty much ending up a race car at this point. I’ve got the paint already a lot of the parts have been sprayed so I’m doing a 25.5 pt cage a bunch of other chassis work to build a small tire no prep car . Never Goona be a show car but I’ll clean up the quarters and will respray the rest of the body . Doesn’t have to be perfect it’s going to be a race car . The black interior is going in my red car with my Mach 1 seats .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online