Musturds 1996 mystic cobra build

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
man your that deep into it I mean in fer a penny in fer a pound at this point.
Pretty sure I’m throwing the towel in and I’ll buy another one . No sense having 20k plus in a paint job

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Pardon me guys, I'm looking at this with a poor quality screen at he moment and I can't be for sure what I'm seeing.
Are those 'test spots' that are made by the grinder to see how deep the bondo is....

...only to find a layer of rust formed underneath all the bondo?

Just trying to grasp the gravity of the situation.
Thanks
G

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Click on the pictures . But yea there’s rust under the bondo the cars been hit on both sides and before you know it’ll have north of 20k in a paint job on this roach

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Click on the pictures . But yea there’s rust under the bondo the cars been hit on both sides and before you know it’ll have north of 20k in a paint job on this roach
You going to just find a new roller and transfer everything over? You might even be able to vin swap the shells so it keeps the cobra vin.

95opal

Reaction score
6 banger shell and move on. Def not worth messing with that body

joe65

Reaction score
oh man that sucks ass. all the time and effort into it at this point. damn.

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
6 banger shell and move on. Def not worth messing with that body
That’s kinda where I’m going . I found a clean 97 rio red cobra that I’m probably Goona buy to replace this thing and I’ll find a v6 shell to swap all my junk over

Snorky

Reaction score
Nice, I love seeing progress, even if it is a side step

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice, I love seeing progress, even if it is a side step

Thanks , Not sure what I’m going to end up doing with this thing . I cleaned the engine bay up some today . Guess I’m going to decide wether I want to repair the quarter panels on both sides or scrap it .

Snorky

Reaction score
Thanks , Not sure what I’m going to end up doing with this thing . I cleaned the engine bay up some today . Guess I’m going to decide wether I want to repair the quarter panels on both sides or scrap it .
Take it down to bare metal in those areas and see how f***edit it really is. Grab a slid hammer, weld the tip to the sheet metal and see if you can slide hammer the major dents out and reassess. Or.. see if it's in a spot where you can cut and replace the quarters. And until that point. Keep the drive train out of it and off to the side. Strip everything and keep it all labeled and bagged down to the bolts. Best case scenario it can be fixed on a budget. Worst case scenario. You get a v6 slap it together. And sell the extra body parts off of the cobra

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Take it down to bare metal in those areas and see how f***edit it really is. Grab a slid hammer, weld the tip to the sheet metal and see if you can slide hammer the major dents out and reassess. Or.. see if it's in a spot where you can cut and replace the quarters. And until that point. Keep the drive train out of it and off to the side. Strip everything and keep it all labeled and bagged down to the bolts. Best case scenario it can be fixed on a budget. Worst case scenario. You get a v6 slap it together. And sell the extra body parts off of the cobra

Yea I replaced a full quarter panel on my yellow 94 years ago like 10 years ago now . I should be able to get most of it out . I’ve gotta f150 coyote and I’ve gotta 6.0LS so who knows what will happen

Snorky

Reaction score
Yea I replaced a full quarter panel on my yellow 94 years ago like 10 years ago now . I should be able to get most of it out . I’ve gotta f150 coyote and I’ve gotta 6.0LS so who knows what will happen
Buy 3 v6's and party??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online