My 01 Verts 1/4 and 99-01 Cobra 1/4 ETs (NA ONLY PLEASE)

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I know there's most likely a 1/4 mile sticky but I just want to see what the other NA Cobras are doing so I can decide where to go with mine next.
But I finnally got mine tuned (bama email for now) well enough that I figured I could go make a pass without it disappointing me.
I knew the car felt quick, and I know what they are SUPPOSED to run stock. But.... Just check this time slip out....

RIGHT LANE #9891
image_zpshloop5z6.jpeg

Im thinking I can get into the mid upper 12s if I nail the 60' and launch hard. I've got a WOT box I need to install also so the two step and shifts will definitely help with that.

Vehicle and mods are as follows...
2001 Cobra Convertible (4.6 factory bore/stroke) original 01Teksid block
Fully forged Manley rotating assy with ford/Kellog crank.
Canton full windage tray
99-01 C-heads fully ported at home from the valve side through
Fresh valve job .
Rear head cooling mod.
Oil/water heat exchanger delete
Fully Ported&polished runner (outside) lower intake
MMR 1/2" Plenum spacer
JLT Next gen try cold air intake
PaceSetter Long Tube Headers
MAC prochamber shortened mid pipe.
Off brand resonators from the mid back
Full tube KMember/a-arms
Coil over front springs 14/175 (I think)
H&R rear coils
Aeromotive 325 FP
STOCK 327 GEARS!!
Car had full interior besides all trunk carpet, and spare kit
She weighed in at 3660 w me in it. Last year it was 3720!! Everything else is pretty much stock.

What I WAS NOT expecting was that damn trap speed. I had to be easy on the launch because the IRS started hopping as soon as the wheels spun. Figured I'd just leave em cold and be easy. But with STOCK 327s.. In a 3660lb convertible with stock cams... That is one HELL of a trap right? My buddies that are huge into racing are saying its definitely a 400hp car just by reading the slip and knowing its weight...

What do you guys think?

All I know is; with gears, stickies, and a real DYNO tune, this car will easily be in the low 12s. I may as well order the cage now cause techs gonna want it in there. .

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
DEF a mid to low 12 second car. You should MOST DEF do gears and a professional dyno tune, I agree your car is about 400 hp give or take. As for your question about other cobras, im sitting at about 350 horse with an untouched NPI 4v with only bolt ons and a dyno tune (+suspension) hitting 108-110 pretty much the same trap speed but being a few hundred pounds lighter is my advantage so im seeing approx mid 12's in the quarter as she is now.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
DEF a mid to low 12 second car. You should MOST DEF do gears and a professional dyno tune, I agree your car is about 400 hp give or take. As for your question about other cobras, im sitting at about 350 horse with an untouched NPI 4v with only bolt ons and a dyno tune (+suspension) hitting 108-110 pretty much the same trap speed but being a few hundred pounds lighter is my advantage so im seeing approx mid 12's in the quarter as she is now.

So this explains why I can destroy an LS car on the street and run almost exact same times as an SS camaro at the track. (That's what was in the left lane). HE WAS ANGRY. LOL.

THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE REPLY. I almost got chills seeing someone ELSE saying it could be 400. That is such a huge deal for me man. I really hope it's up there. Thanks again! I will report back!!!

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score

I meant to ask... Are you running any underdrive pulleys? I have an ATI small diameter dampener and water pump pulley combo but the dampener was so small in the back side it was rubbing into the aluminum on the little mound around the front main seal cover so I took em off. Was reading the with the forged cranks the small diameter balancer pulleys don't cancel out the correct harmonics leading to oil pump and other failures.

As as for my current setup... The ported heads and intake felt like nothing. Then I got that 1/2" plenum spacer on there and woooo. Opened this beast RIGHT UP. The long tube headers are just as incredible even though they are the pace setters. The sound it makes at 6800 is just beautiful. Cannot wait for the two step/no lift shit to go in along w the gears. I am ecstatic there's a chance I'm gonna run low 12s NA! IVE STILL GOT A 100hp ZEX Kit to install also! Haha. She's gonna flyyyyy.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I meant to ask... Are you running any underdrive pulleys? I have an ATI small diameter dampener and water pump pulley combo but the dampener was so small in the back side it was rubbing into the aluminum on the little mound around the front main seal cover so I took em off. Was reading the with the forged cranks the small diameter balancer pulleys don't cancel out the correct harmonics leading to oil pump and other failures.

Yup im running UDP's, was able to get a set of original steeda UDP's and dang that would make sense i see what you mean.

As as for my current setup... The ported heads and intake felt like nothing. Then I got that 1/2" plenum spacer on there and woooo. Opened this beast RIGHT UP. The long tube headers are just as incredible even though they are the pace setters. The sound it makes at 6800 is just beautiful. Cannot wait for the two step/no lift shit to go in along w the gears. I am ecstatic there's a chance I'm gonna run low 12s NA! IVE STILL GOT A 100hp ZEX Kit to install also! Haha. She's gonna flyyyyy.

YESSSS!! I bet that combo made her flow hard!!! Cant wait to go into my motor down the road. I couldnt agree more, LT 4.6 4v sound is sex. Im in love with my 1 3/8 American Racing LT's with the 3" x pipe and flowmasters.

Yessss, The zex kit should put you into the 11's after you regear and tune....dyno tune time is about $500 so id recommened doing the tune with the nitro hooked up

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
So this explains why I can destroy an LS car on the street and run almost exact same times as an SS camaro at the track. (That's what was in the left lane). HE WAS ANGRY. LOL.

THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE REPLY. I almost got chills seeing someone ELSE saying it could be 400. That is such a huge deal for me man. I really hope it's up there. Thanks again! I will report back!!!

Hahaha Niceee. I bet he was pissed. I dont see why it wouldnt be making 400 hp, (for another N/A 4v comparison) PI 4.6 4v bolt on and tuned (well) mach 1's are making about 330w / 390 horse Low 12's on slicks.

Anytime man good luck with your runs, dont forget dyno tune and gears!!

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Hahaha Niceee. I bet he was pissed. I dont see why it wouldnt be making 400 hp, (for another N/A 4v comparison) PI 4.6 4v bolt on and tuned (well) mach 1's are making about 330w / 390 horse Low 12's on slicks.

Anytime man good luck with your runs, dont forget dyno tune and gears!!

Ive got a set of 4:10s on the way and found a reputable shop to dyno tune the car. Place is called Flim Flam or something in Richmond va. I hear he does a lot of terminators and he's doing the Mach 1 I'm swapping an Eaton on for someone. So hopefully I can make an 11 sec pass in a convertible before the season is over. HAHAH

And yea the car will definitely be Tuned with the nitrous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online