My 1995 GT

Boostr1

Reaction score
tenor.gif

TheOdessa

Reaction score
How did you detail your engine to look like that? It always scares the hell out of me to get any water under there.

OP
OP
S

snatchss454

Reaction score
How did you detail your engine to look like that? It always scares the hell out of me to get any water under there.

I don't use a hose or pressure washer under the hood or WD40. WD40 collects too much dirt and creates a nasty film on everything.

I clean the engine bay last so I don't contaminate my wash bucket with engine bay grease and grime. There is usually residual soap and water that has leaked down in the bay that I will use to spread about.
1.) Use a soft to medium bristle paint brush to loosen dirt debris. Do this first before adding excess water so you don't spread dirt around making a mud and scratching everything. You have to remember that the paint in the bay is delicate, not very thick, no clear and subjected to high heat; I don't like to use harsh chemicals or stiff bristle brushes as it will strip it off.
2.) I take a soapy damp rag(microfiber usually) that Ive dipped in my wash bucket and rung out, not dripping wet. Then go over everything metal and plastic with it. All the hoses and lines and inspect my vacuum lines. I don't usually go over the decals or vin tags with copious amounts of fluid or vigor so I preserve them. I don't want the water getting under it and removing the glue or rotting the paper, I don't even want the rag catching a corner and peeling it up.
3.) I then rinse the rag, ring it out, dampen it with clean water and rinse off everything. At this point the rag is pretty dry and fairly clean so I do all the plastic trims, inner fenders, hood, radiator support, battery etc. Then I might come back with a shop towel if there are puddles, spots or streaks.
4.) also its a great time to inspect your fluids as some usually drip out or you may have to add some, and will promptly be cleaned up, look for leaves and debris that get stuck in the cowl.

TIP 1: If you are concerned about anything getting wet use tin foil to wrap and cover up anything sensitive like fuse trays, computer components, coil, distributor etc.
Tip 2: I use a makita battery powered leaf blower (milwaukee also makes one if you have their line) to dry my car so I don't get water spots and also blow off the engine bay in case water puddled around the intake or fenders to help prevent rust. A compressor would work in the bay, as well as lug nuts under seals and trim, mirrors, door handles, gas door etc. Its just more precise when I want to blast everything.

Hope that helps,
Shane

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

snatchss454

Reaction score
I miss my 93 Five 0

I get it and understand the allure of the fox body. The 5.0, seating position and cockpit are different from SNs and they have a more raw feel. But I feel the SN95/New Edge models give that same feel and are better platforms for brakes and wheels and even steering. I also like the interior layout more. That's why I wanted a 94/95. I could have all the new refinements that fox people mod to and still have the 5.0.

Just my thought,
Shane

OP
OP
S

snatchss454

Reaction score
I should have kept my 92 fox body
Kicking myself in my ass again

Lol..sorry to stir up regrets and old emotions man.:D

Ive owned a ton of sports and muscle cars including a Shelby and like 6 other mustangs along with a number of GM and Dodge products. All heavily modded and customized, but the only car I ever regretted selling was my 04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1. I loved that car and the Mach is just the one for me. The new one can sucks balls and is just a rebadged Bullit

OP
OP
S

snatchss454

Reaction score
I've seen sn95 interiors in Fox bodies, including dash.

Yeah this is true. Not sure what it takes to fit. At that point you have the brakes(maybe), axles, spindles, steering rack and full interior from an SN95. I mean that could really add up. I guess if I found a great shell Id find a trashed 94/95 and swap it all over for a project.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Lol..sorry to stir up regrets and old emotions man.:D

Ive owned a ton of sports and muscle cars including a Shelby and like 6 other mustangs along with a number of GM and Dodge products. All heavily modded and customized, but the only car I ever regretted selling was my 04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1. I loved that car and the Mach is just the one for me. The new one can sucks balls and is just a rebadged Bullit
I say that about evry car iv had
69 boss 302 69 fast back
67 shelby 66 coup iv had a lot
Even trucks
The 4 mustang's I have now I'm keeping
And I do look for them collecting

OP
OP
S

snatchss454

Reaction score
Yeah you might have a few that I would have regretted getting rid of also. The oldest I had was a 72 Chevelle SS454 clone and that wasnt really a collectible. Care to share some pics of them? The Fastbacks and Sport roofs are my favorite mustangs

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not really a Chevy guy
I have worked for dodge and ford back in the youth days
I speak ford pretty good that's what I stay with
Dodge is not to bad
Fiat did them justice
When it was owned by Chrysler junk is the only word I know to describe it
Older GM was a lot better

50HSN95

Reaction score
That is a nice looking Fox!

I kick myself from time to time, wishing I would have bought my dads 90 Fox notch back. Spotless car, black with grey cloth. Amazingly clean car, just was not the right time money wise for me.

OP
OP
S

snatchss454

Reaction score
That is a nice looking Fox!

I kick myself from time to time, wishing I would have bought my dads 90 Fox notch back. Spotless car, black with grey cloth. Amazingly clean car, just was not the right time money wise for me.

Dude! I just went over and saw your build thread. How the F do you not have a youtube channel going where millions can see your work? Those headers? BRAVO! I mean its cool N/A but you're like a few feet of piping and couple bends away from mounting a turbo on it. Everything on that build is cool. Awesome job! Hats of to you, good sir!

Last edited:

Werecow

Reaction score
I finally got my first fox (Cherry Bomb) not too long ago after wanting one ever since the 80's!! I even had a fox chassis car at one time, sorry no pics and I could kick myself in the nutz for not having any. It was a '79 Mercury Zeypher Z-7 with a warmed up 302 auto with a B&M megashifter and a full boogie Mustang GT suspension under it!! I even had the 10 hole wheels on it! Black primer, and a real sleeper! Anyhoo I've always had a soft spot for foxes especially after having a lil taste of what the platform can do way back in the late 80's when I had "Gandolf" I love the red GT you had, the cleaning tips are really outstanding, and the one you have now is a really shining example of how to take care of your ride!! It's an inspiration to all of us to really shine on our rides and make em look good!!

Werecow

Reaction score
I have always wanted a fox hatch back.

I've got a red one with the engine out a '78 or 79 F-150 or F-250 in it!! Sry but it's not for sale... Hell it might be sometime this fall before I get to hear it run for the first time!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.