My 720HP Saleen

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new here but not to the Mustang world. I am posting a pic of my 720HP Saleen S-281. Whaccha think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Doesn't look like 720hp to me. Thats definately no bigger than a P1 and that is a huge pulley on the supercharger. I think we might have a fibber on our hands. :-[

Engine bay looks colorful though!

IceMan

Reaction score
It might be a P1 or a D1... I'm not very familiar of what kind of power are the modular motors capable of (even forged) with those mods, but i'm sure that if he has it dynoed he will be able to post a dyno sheet...

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
Yes, that is a P-1SC, but here is a list of some of the mods.
310 crank, .040 bored pistons, all forged internals w/billet crank, ported and polished heads, 5 angle valve job, custom grind COMP cams, bronze guides, balanced and blueprinted mill, ACCUFAB throttlebody and plenum polished, (which will be removed in a couple of weeks to make room for the P-51). At the time the dyno was pulled, we were running a Reichard oval settup. 75HP shot, with line routed inside fender into discharge tube which has recently been replaced with methanol injection. T-5 transmission (out of Rob Hindman's race car, when he was running a manual). Diablosport dynotuned chip, Ford Racing shorty headers, custom built O/R X-pipe with electric cuttouts, Flowmaster 40s with dumps... to name a few.
The car has been VERY well tuned. You are right, that is a P-1SC, but the pulley is 2 steps down, and devolops around 12psi. At the time of the dyno, the car had 72lbs. injectors, but ran too rich. I have a set of 42 lbs. Ford Racing and MAF going in as soon as it stops raining. I understand your doubts, there are a lot of B.S. artists on forums like this, but believe it or not, this is a 720HP car.

S

scarface

cool, it looks soooo mild under the hood :) Looks pretty close to mine, and Im at 400 wheel...but on an unbuilt NON pi engine.

LEts see some of the whole car bro :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Exhaust cutouts FTW!!!!!

And nice car by the way. :thumb:

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Damn I'm good! I can spot name any Procharger! :dancing6: Looks good man! One thing I noticed that you should do ASAP is a 4" powerpipe from AFM. That little plastic POS is robbing you of an easy 30rwhp I'd guess! Like I said before...where the hell are the pics of the rest of the car!? :pics:

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the compliments... this car was totalled by a friend of mine three years ago,and has taken me forever to get it back to this shape, so needless to say, your comments mean a lot to me. I am having trouble uploading, but should have pics in a few minutes.

S

scarface

make sure you go over to introductions and introduce yourself to everyone also :)

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
This is the cernter console with billet cupholder ring and carbon fiber e brake. The interior is out of a 2003 GT.

OP
OP
T

TennesseeMustang

Reaction score
Made the aluminum floormats, had not had the time to polish them and mount the black carpet underneath.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online