My 89 Foxbody Coupe, Freshly 5 lugged and Dressed in Drag

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I figured I would share a few pics I took today of my latest project. I've had this 1989 LX Notchback for a little over a month now and I just got it sitting proper this week. Over the past few weeks I have installed a UPR k-member, A-arms, front coilovers, CC plates, Strange struts, Sn95 spindles, Sn95 brakes, offset rack bushings, new end links, Moser axles, and Champion Cap 5 wheels with Mickey Thompson ET streets. I also just completed a complete paint correction over the weekend. I've been pretty busy with the car. Plans are to pull the engine, do a mild HCI setup, smooth and paint the engine bay, and add an on3 turbo kit.

Here's the pics.

And a pic of how it looked a few weeks ago. It's came a long way in a short period of time!

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Wow, super clean! I love it.

The only thing I'd change personally would be to either get bigger tail pipes, or get rid of them and just dump the exhaust.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Wow, super clean! I love it.

The only thing I'd change personally would be to either get bigger tail pipes, or get rid of them and just dump the exhaust.

Thanks! I plan to just run open downpipe if I go turbo, but if I end up going with a supercharger I definitely want some VRS 3" tailpipes.

the.greg

Reaction score
Looks great. I especially like the wheels.

Question, if you go hci+turbo, what block do you plan to use or will you use the stock block and the boost low to keep it together?

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Looks great. I especially like the wheels.

Question, if you go hci+turbo, what block do you plan to use or will you use the stock block and the boost low to keep it together?

Right now the plan is to run 10lbs on the stock block with a safe tune. That will be more than enough power to keep me happy until I pop the block or sell the car.

Gregor185

Reaction score
Dear god I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT. I wouldn't think twice about getting rid of my car, and quite possibly my first born for that exact car. Please if you ever decide to sell let me know

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Dear god I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT. I wouldn't think twice about getting rid of my car, and quite possibly my first born for that exact car. Please if you ever decide to sell let me know

It will be going up for sale sometime next year after I get done with it.

Gregor185

Reaction score
That is absolutely hilarious! Listen please don't forget about me when you sell. I'd like to have one like that. Can I ask what you paid for it a month ago?

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
That is absolutely hilarious! Listen please don't forget about me when you sell. I'd like to have one like that. Can I ask what you paid for it a month ago?

I paid $5500 IIRC with the suspension, heads cam intake, and a bunch of other stuff included new in box.

lutter94

Reaction score
Definite improvement, looks sharp. I like that style of tailpipes, could prob be the next size bigger i suppose.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I still have the 97, it's just sitting in the garage. The silver fox is gone, someone wanted it a lot more than me so they ended up buying it and I bought this with the spare change and put the rest in the bank. I go to college, work at a tire shop, flip cars, and detail cars for a living.

Gregor185

Reaction score
Then you should sell me this notch because I want it more than you. What red is that? Looks like strawberry red in some pics but scarlet red in some

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Then you should sell me this notch because I want it more than you. What red is that? Looks like strawberry red in some pics but scarlet red in some

It's Cabernet Red, I like it much more than my Wild Strawberry coupe I used to have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online