My 94 GT

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Few updates. Did not get much done in recent past, but the car is looking less and less like a GT by day.

7y82npd.jpg

Got some new stuff to help me drive the car a bit better and make it a tad bit quicker.
Among those are:

1. Momo Pedal covers, to help with heel-toe downshifting
2. Two sets of Cobra R wheels, one with street tires, one with R comps
3. Pro 5.0 shifter with TriAx handle, because pro5.0 stick does not go back far enough.
4. Bassani High Flow X pipe, because I wanna pass smog still (Cali laws, what can you do)

6q2us9e.jpg

8ffevqs.jpg

Big trackday coming up in February, so I'm about to go shopping again for some go fast/corner hard/stop quick goodies.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Coming along very nicely, I had the same problem with my Pro 5.0 you did- had the Tri-Ax handle for a little while- but ended up going back to the Pro 5.0 handle.

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
wow, you have made a world of difference to that car in a short time! looks great. even though the wheels are basic R's, i like them a lot on your car. what do you have in mind for suspension?

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
The car already has Maximum Motorsports Camber Castor plates, so I've got the allignment down. I've got a set of Koni SA shocks in the garage, still in box. For springs, I was thinking Ford C springs at first, but decided to step it up to H&R Super Sport springs. I've got urethane bushings for front control arms that I still have to install. Everything else I'll leave factory for now, so I can dial in everything little by little and get the most out of all the parts. I might have to upgrade to Cobra brake kit for the next track day, because I'm doing big track at Willow Springs, and 99 GT brakes are starting to see their limit on the small tracks (Streets, Horse Thief Mile), even with a good pad.

CP2_8991.JPG

I've done a few track days on completely stock suspension, and now that I feel like I've pushed it as hard as I could, it's time to start tweeking the suspension.

gopanoz

Reaction score
Konis will have a major impact! Everything is better with koni! You always remember your first time. :)

Make sure to check your alignment after you have installed them.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Got lifetime allignment from local firestone store. I can change allignment every day if I feel like it. Maximum Motorsports recommended 4.5 or more degrees of Caster (I'm running 5.0), and somwhere between a -1.0 and -1.5 degrees of camber.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
ReplicaR said:
Got lifetime alignment from local Firestone store.

how did you get that?

Gotta pay for that. Regular alignment is 65 bucks. Lifetime alignment is 170. It only applies to a specific car, and it can only be under your ownership. They just figured that most people will align the car every time they would switch tires (average car is once every 50k miles or so) and people don't keep the cars as long nowadays, so for a regular customer, it would be like 2 alignments tops....

However, I am not a regular customer. ANY suspension changes at all, the car goes back to the alignment rack. If I don't like the way the car handles at the track, it goes back to alignment rack. When I went from GT to Cobra R wheels, guess where the car went?

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
94Pro-5.0 said:
ReplicaR said:
Got lifetime alignment from local Firestone store.

how did you get that?

Gotta pay for that. Regular alignment is 65 bucks. Lifetime alignment is 170. It only applies to a specific car, and it can only be under your ownership. They just figured that most people will align the car every time they would switch tires (average car is once every 50k miles or so) and people don't keep the cars as long nowadays, so for a regular customer, it would be like 2 alignments tops....

However, I am not a regular customer. ANY suspension changes at all, the car goes back to the alignment rack. If I don't like the way the car handles at the track, it goes back to alignment rack. When I went from GT to Cobra R wheels, guess where the car went?

i am, without a doubt, going to do that. i plan to own my car for a long time and have many suspensions mods in the future.

thanks for the info :santa_afro:

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Well, I've done a few things to the car here and there, and I think it will be a lot of fun at the track. Things that I've changed recently are, Koni Single Adjustable Shocks, H&R Race Springs, StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines, and Sparco Sprint 5 Competition Seat. Here are some pictures.

14mdkqr.jpg

6z9ig0h.jpg

6yd7zfo.jpg

6nrmvjn.jpg

8bjgltc.jpg

8efpf89.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online