My 95 5.0, what do you think?

5PointSnow

Reaction score
I'm interested in knowing what you guys think of my car as it sits and what you would do to it if you were in my shoes. I bought my 95 gt 100% stock with an aode and 3.27 gears in December last year and have been slowly building it up since then. So far I have changed mostly handling and appearance related mods that include;

Eibach sportline springs,
flowmaster cat back,
chin spoiler,
black headlights and fog lights(the old ones were filled with water literally),
slight tint on the tails,
custom "302" rocker stripe,
steeda bumpsteer kit,
k&n high flow with intake silencer taken off,
Mickey Thompson street comp wheels and tires (17", 245/9"f & 275/10"r)
most recently Eibach sway bars front and rear.

So far I'm happy with what I've done and in my opinion have made the car far more enjoyable to drive. On my short list for my next mod I'm thinking bbk subframe connectors and have been floating the idea around for a transgo shift kit.
imagejpg1_zps4249221f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
imagejpg3_zps6cdca503.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
What do you think I should do?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think it looks great!

Is it factory paint? If so you're damn luck it hasn't flacked off (yet)!

I'd recommend removing the door bumpers at some point.

Painted mirrors is always a nice touch.

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
I think it looks great!

Is it factory paint? If so you're damn luck it hasn't flacked off (yet)!

I'd recommend removing the door bumpers at some point.

Painted mirrors is always a nice touch.
Oh trust me it's flaking, The paint is mostly factory with some "good for a spray can job" paint touch ups from the flaking done by the previous owner :mad: and I've thought about the mirrors but also kinda like the black since it accents the wheels and things. Also I really want to remove the bumpers but the paint under doesn't look so hot from what I could tell. The drivers door is being repainted in a couple weeks since the car was just broken into and they dented the door :( so i might ask them to leave it off and take my chances on the other side.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Noone is going to steer you away from the subframe connectors, those are always a good choice.

My personal recommendations include removing the spoiler, debadge and shave the door trim, 4.10 gears out back and a 2500-3000 rpm stall torque converter in the AOD.

Dyno tune!

Mustanger

Reaction score
Definitely MM full subframes & rear gears!!!...keep your eye open for Cobra/Mach 1/Bullitt brake upgrade parts too I love the better brakes. If wheel hop becomes an issue I solved mine with MM adjustable Lower Control Arms...

I sure love the Crystal White cars!

Mustanger

Reaction score
what struts & shocks you running? Not listed in your mods...I am switching my Eibach ProKit shocks over to Koni Yellow Sports as they have many tens of thousand miles on them & need it.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Looks good! SFC's are a good way to go from what I hear, they are relatively inexpensive as well. And I agree with new rear end gears in an auto, should make it more fun to drive. Good luck with the build

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
Noone is going to steer you away from the subframe connectors, those are always a good choice.

My personal recommendations include removing the spoiler, debadge and shave the door trim, 4.10 gears out back and a 2500-3000 rpm stall torque converter in the AOD.

Dyno tune!
That sounds like a good setup except I like my badges. Would a dyno tune be worth it with a stock engine?

Definitely MM full subframes & rear gears!!!...keep your eye open for Cobra/Mach 1/Bullitt brake upgrade parts too I love the better brakes. If wheel hop becomes an issue I solved mine with MM adjustable Lower Control Arms...

I sure love the Crystal White cars!
I'm definitely on the look for brakes but around here used parts are hard to find in good condition and new brakes and my budget do not mix. So far I haven't really had any wheel hop but I've heard they're the #1 fix.
what struts & shocks you running? Not listed in your mods...I am switching my Eibach ProKit shocks over to Koni Yellow Sports as they have many tens of thousand miles on them & need it.
I honestly have no idea, as far as I can tell stock-like ones fitted some years ago. I need new shocks soon since they're definitely showing some age. How did you like the eibachs? I've been looking those but haven't really heard anyone's experience with them.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Looks great!! Stay on top of the peeling paint and have it professionally fixed or repainted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
Looks great!! Stay on top of the peeling paint and have it professionally fixed or repainted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh I'm trying, everytime a chip has popped up I've touched it up the same day and keep the paint as clean as I can with a healthy coat of wax. Maybe one day when the majority of it goes I'll have it repainted with some metal flake added in :headbang:

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
First off ..I would like to say.. The Stang looks bad ass!! And secondly..I would go with the next few mods ..Sub Frames..as well as a Ratchet Shifter and a B&M Electric Shifter to add that extra Firmness you maybe thinking of.

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
First off ..I would like to say.. The Stang looks bad ass!! And secondly..I would go with the next few mods ..Sub Frames..as well as a Ratchet Shifter and a B&M Electric Shifter to add that extra Firmness you maybe thinking of.

Sub frames are for sure when I have a little time and someone with a welder lol.

I've never actually heard anything about the electronic shifter but for 40$ on jegs I might have to give it a try.

I kind of like the idea of a ratchet shifter but I'm not sure if it would be worth it on a dd.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
I think you will really like it.. It depends on what you are looking for.. I use to have mine next to my modded shifter

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
Ok so since I've been on here my car has been to the body shop to fix some damage from a a recent break in as I have mentioned. The guy was really nice and was able to add the repair of a cople chips in the quarter panel to the insurance claim. I knew one chip was bad but he showed me a picture of what it looked like after just hitting it with an air gun, the previously 1/2" chip was at least 1 &1/2 feet wide :( damn crystal white looks so nice but it's so bad. Anyways it's back now and the door and quarter look amazing, so amazing I need to polish the rest of the car to match the shine haha

I'll post a picture when it's nice out in a couple days :burnout:

Mustanger

Reaction score
The Eibach struts & shocks have been very good to me...the magazines rated the Eibach Prokit Plus system at 96% of a full race suspension which they felt was perfect for a DD suspension...LOL, I don't remember how they got to 96% but that is what I remember! The stance is great & it really hangs in there on the curves which is my favorite part. The ride is very good but less than the Bilsteins & Roush cars I have ridden in or driven. I got a great deal on some Koni Yellow adjustables so am switching over to those soon...will post up the outcome.

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
The Eibach struts & shocks have been very good to me...the magazines rated the Eibach Prokit Plus system at 96% of a full race suspension which they felt was perfect for a DD suspension...LOL, I don't remember how they got to 96% but that is what I remember! The stance is great & it really hangs in there on the curves which is my favorite part. The ride is very good but less than the Bilsteins & Roush cars I have ridden in or driven. I got a great deal on some Koni Yellow adjustables so am switching over to those soon...will post up the outcome.
96% race suspension eh? Lol. That sounds like what I was hoping they were like, I'm not too concerned about the ride quality as long as it's not terrible and cornering is much more important to me personally. Thanks for the input! Looking forward to see how the konis stack up!

Gregor185

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of the chin spoiler but if it were mine I'd remove that and the door strips and remove the spoiler. Lower it a little bit more too.

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of the chin spoiler but if it were mine I'd remove that and the door strips and remove the spoiler. Lower it a little bit more too.
I like the looks how it is mostly right now :tongue: and I'd love to go lower but speed bumps and I already scrape my cats...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online