My 95 Gt Build

austinw88

Reaction score
I got this car for 650 with the rims and some extras, The guy I got it from is a long time friend and i've loved this car for years. He let it sit over winter with water in the cooling system :sad: needless to say it popped the freeze plugs out hoping the block is ok but i'll find out soon enough.

Doing a complete engine rebuild sense its got some hard miles on her. mostly going back stock other than a f303 cam 1.6 rockers and comp cam springs. may do some other things depending on money, anyways here she is. Motor is coming out this weekend only the motor mount bolts left.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Great deal! I don't think I can find a set of fr500 wheels locally for the price of your whole car. Keep us posted with the progress!

OP
OP
austinw88

austinw88

Reaction score
been awhile sense i've been on, car has came a little ways sense i've first posted it. motor is out and found out the block was cracked. got another block and back to work. so far i bought the whole rebuild kit stoke bore and stroke. I have a f303 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, comp cam valve springs stage 3 clutch, 4.10s bbk shorty headers and a couple other things.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Thats a bummer the block was cracked, but it looks like you have a good plan laid out. Should be a fun driver when its back together with that list of parts. Good luck!

hottwheels04

Reaction score
what about heads? ( didnt see any listed if I missed it sorry) but I wouldnt run a cam rebuilt motor with stock heads they flow like crap. lol to many people cheap out . dont use the " I dont have the $ excuse" just do what I did wait save do it all at once, when you do have the money doesnt make sense to do cam and intake but dont do heads. people do this all to often and the car is held back and runs like crap heads will make a huge diffrence sometimes a 50-100 hp diffrence vs stock iron heads vs a nice set of aluminum heads like a trickflow , afr, dart etc. or a 20-40hp diffrence with even a budget set of say a set of stock cobra gt40 heads/ ported heads,edelbrock, ford racing etc.

OP
OP
austinw88

austinw88

Reaction score
what about heads? ( didnt see any listed if I missed it sorry) but I wouldnt run a cam rebuilt motor with stock heads they flow like crap. lol to many people cheap out . dont use the " I dont have the $ excuse" just do what I did wait save do it all at once, when you do have the money doesnt make sense to do cam and intake but dont do heads. people do this all to often and the car is held back and runs like crap heads will make a huge diffrence sometimes a 50-100 hp diffrence vs stock iron heads vs a nice set of aluminum heads like a trickflow , afr, dart etc. or a 20-40hp diffrence with even a budget set of say a set of stock cobra gt40 heads/ ported heads,edelbrock, ford racing etc.

going to work the stock e7 heads for the time being, I am saving for a set of aluminum heads but unfortunately a unexpected event has made me need the car asap. I hate to put it back together without doing everything I want but if it aint running in the next 2 weeks i'll be out of a ride.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I hate to put it back together without doing everything I want but if it aint running in the next 2 weeks i'll be out of a ride.

I know that feeling. I had to pull my motor out once on a Friday night and replace all the rings I burnt and a new oil pump and have it back together by Sunday night. Would've liked to rebuild the thing but at the time it was my daily and I needed it for work. Eventually I built it the way I wanted. Great project btw's.

OP
OP
austinw88

austinw88

Reaction score
Engine bay all painted, the car is going satin black so I did the engine bay flat black. looks a lot cleaner than it did.

OP
OP
austinw88

austinw88

Reaction score
1 of the valve covers cleaned up and primed, I'm having trouble deciding on a color I either want aluminum or the wrinkle black?

5PointSnow

Reaction score
1 of the valve covers cleaned up and primed, I'm having trouble deciding on a color I either want aluminum or the wrinkle black?

Looks like a good project and for 600$ you can't beat that, the wheels are worth more.
This may sound crazy but white valve covers would look killer if you're ok with cleaning them a lot...
Wrinkle black is classy but overdone and aluminum would look great too imo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online