my 95gt needs help. lol

Static-x

Reaction score
Alright, I got a 95 gt vert with 94k miles. It has a PA Tranny, 373's, offroad H, mac catback, cai. Now, I ran it the other day and could only get a 15.3@90mph with a 2.35 60ft. I even took the seats out, spare tire, not even the radio was in it. lol This was on a Mild Street Edge converter. I think that is part of my problem. I think I need a higher stall. I was expecting atleast mid 14 sec passes. I got the car shifting around 5200. Is this ok? It was grabbing gears down the track but it just sucked getting out of the hole. :dunno:

wytstang

Reaction score
Tires? Weather? Track prep? With the mods you listed you really shouldn't expect too much. 5200 is perfect since the cam dies off right around that rpm (as does the intake). An intake, advance timing, long tube headers, and U/D pullies should get you into the high 14's. Stock heads just really hurt performance on 302's and being an auto makes it even worse then through in a heavy vert just add to the problem.

ryclef331

Reaction score
3.73s are killing it out of the hole. I'd prefer 4.10s. Be careful with picking a stall though. You didn't mention your motor mods and I'm not going to speculate but your converter needs to be match to that.

OP
OP
S

Static-x

Reaction score
engine is pretty much stock. I am just now getting ready to add some stuff. Within the next few days, Im putting long tubes and pulley's on. Then, onto the engine. Is it ok to get upper and lower manifolds,tb, and cam for now and put on ..... or should I wait until I have enough money to get heads and put everything on at once? The reason I went with 373's was b/c it's likely to see boost in the future.

my tires are fairly new like 1k miles on them..... but they are Falken all-season's. nitto's are on the way.

95Boss

Reaction score
Automatics generally realize slower times but that still seems slower than it should have been. I don't think going to a lower gear will help that much. Maybe you need more sticky tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online