My 96 gt

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Nope still working, not off till this weekend an the weather doesn't look very promising for my days off.....

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Well took advantage of American muscle sale an got set of Bullitt style pedals. Got them installed today. Not much fun, the bolts holding my dead pedal were pulling out an wouldn't tighten up. Had to drill them out a little an then install it with fender washers an nuts on the back side. The brake an clutch pedals were a major pia to get on to. After that fun I replaced my turn signal switch which was an adventure in an off itself.

Waiting on seat heaters to come from China before starting on the seat redo. Might start on the rears tomorrow though.

I am going in the morning to get some tailpipe installed though, I can't take the interior drone from the dumps anymore....

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Started on the rear seat covers. Probably have about an hour an a half in getting this cover off. They really laid the glue to it.

Anyone need a slightly used rear seat cover? :D

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Looking pretty good so far. If those wheels are 18" Y2K Cobra Rs, I'm running those too

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Ya I believe they are but they are in pretty rough shape. Figure I'll replace them when I need tires if I don't find a decent set of the factory wheels I like.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Did the rear seat backs tonight. Glad this part is over. Sadly the only way to get in there an remove them is to cut the rear part facing the trunk lose at the seam. I guess they could be put back together if someone wanted.

About another hour an half in this step.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Rear seat backs recovered

Rear of the interior all cleaned an seat backs reinstalled. The headrest piece or whatever it's called doesn't fit very well. Both the end tabs are broken off, anyone know if that's remade anywhere?

Working on the seat bottom now...

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
I got tailpipe installed the other week so I took a picture while I was out there and another video. Excuse how dirty it is we've had some rough weather the past few weeks.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Someone a couple months back made a thread about repairing the headrest tabs with some aluminum angle I think. I don't remember who it was or I would be able to find it, so maybe someone else will know where to find it. Or you could try to search for it.

9838stang

Reaction score
OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Thanks guys, those tabs aren't broken on mine, it's the back ones that just sit through the rear deck. His fits about like mine does so maybe that's just how they are suppose to be? It just didn't look right at the edges beside the side panels. The gap is to big imo. I don't think this car ever had tinted windows though so it could be bowed up from sun exposure?

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Got the seat bottom finished up late last night.

Installed it real quick this afternoon.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Seats look great, nice job. On the head rest mine looks the same even after fixing the broken tabs. I got another one the other day and the fit is the same. All of the cars at the pick n pull look like that too. So much for fit and finish...

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Seats look great, nice job. On the head rest mine looks the same even after fixing the broken tabs. I got another one the other day and the fit is the same. All of the cars at the pick n pull look like that too. So much for fit and finish...

Thanks!

Bummer, I guess its to be expected of a 19 y/o part that sits in the sun all day though.

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Ii feel like I've seen this build thread somewhere before haha...

Any luck on those seat heaters you were telling me about?

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Ii feel like I've seen this build thread somewhere before haha...

Any luck on those seat heaters you were telling me about?

Haven't had time to start on tfe front seats yet. The lower radiator hose split on me yesterday to so it will be another week or so before I can start on them probably. I think they will work fine though. They fit the foam like I was wanting so I'm not expecting any problems from them.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Well I had to change the lower radiator hose today along with the oil pressure switch an the oil and filter. Got a business trip next week but planning to start on the front seats and door panels when I get back. It's also getting a new windshield next Friday.

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Make sure to inspect the glass thoroughly for imperfections...

I had to have my windshield replaced (someone took a baseball bat to it), and the new glass had some distortion towards the bottom. I didn't notice at first, otherwise i would have asked for a different one. I'm stuck with it now though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online