My 96 gt

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Windshield done, haven't driven it yet though.

Added some honeycomb taillight stickers.

Spare me the wanna be t/a comments, I like the look an I don't care lol.

Door panels out so I can separate them for recovering.

Finally found a somewhat decent set of wheels for a reasonable price so I picked them up today.

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
my 96 I got a month ago looks a lot like yours did mine has 134 oon the clock as soon as I figure out this picture thing I post some yours is coming along nicely:)

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Wheels are on

Needs a 1.25" spacer in the rear to bring it out closer to the fender. I think it looks better though....

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Took the wing off today. Just covered the holes with tape for now. I'll get some plugs this week or just wait till next weekend and weld them up. Looks much better I think.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
New fog lights ready to go in.

Hopefully they work a little better than what's in there.

lutter94

Reaction score
Added some honeycomb taillight stickers.

Spare me the wanna be t/a comments, I like the look an I don't care lol.

Looks like a fusion to me :)

2010-ford-fusion-hybrid-taillight-and-trunk-badge-photo-358748-s-1280x782.jpg

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
So 99+ fog lights mount completely different than 94-98. At least the set I bought do.

Epoxy to the rescue...

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Got my panels back today. I got the leather covers from red line goods and had them installed at a local upholstery shop. Here are some pictures of the door panels somewhat back together. I tried using strong double sided tape to hold but it isn't going to work long term. I didn't want to glue/epoxy them because I doubt you'll ever get them back apart then.

Dr side:

Passenger side:

I'm not totally happy with them but it is what it is. I don't think I could have done them as well but I still think they could have been installed better. They told me a few days in the heat should help some, guess we will see. If I had it to do over I think I would let the shop redo them in vinyl. He said that's easier to work with an usually turns out better without the wrinkles.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Installed pictures:

Did the 460 speaker pods today to, that took a little time there. Guess the panels are different if you have the 460 option stock

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
I've also picked up some B stock moromoto mini h1 6.0 projectors and rear control arms. New shocks and a hid kit are on order. My next long weekend (4/24) will be the suspension thrash. Installing the c&c plates, New struts/shocks, rear control arms, an lowering the car some. Between now an then I hope to get a head start on getting the front seats recovered finally. Going to start with that some today.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Been busy the past few evening working on the front seat recover.

Started with attaching the seat heaters to the foam. First I layed it out and marked where the thermostat was so I could make a place for it in the foam.

Cut out that little square about 1/8" or so that way you can't feel it when you're sitting on the seat. Then I put it back in place and marked the centers in the grooves in the foam. You have to cut a hole here to attach the cover to the foam later.

Marking the holes, I made them 1/2" tall and 1" wide.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
After that you can attach it to the foam for good.

Here's the seat back using the same process. I cut about 2" off the end of this one because it was going to wind up ending in the groove anyways.

I attached one cover to the bottom foam tonight. Once I do the other one I'm at a stand still on this until I pull one of the seats out.

This is the seat heater kit I used, it took quite a bit of searching to find one narrow enough to fit in between the outside grooves because you can't cut or trim the heaters on the edges. They are 230mm wide by 455mm long.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320760236969?item=320760236969&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Well no suspension thrash this weekend. I needed bump stops and a new spacer set for my camber plates and I ordered a pinion snubber to. The snubber is on backorder which wasn't mentioned on there site and it took them all day Monday to figure that out. Half the day wasted today waiting on them to answer my email and I finally called. Wanted to cancel the snubber and ship the rest so I'd have it this weekend but its already to late for that now to. :'( :'(

guess I'll finish up the seats and clean the rest of the interior instead. Maybe I can get my sub installed to. Just stinks I could have ordered the snubber somewhere else an had everything in time if they had showed out of stock on the site...

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Well I made some major headway on my interior this weekend off. All that's left now is the steering wheel and maybe carpet. I'd like to do black as I like how it looks with the two tone. Anyways here are the front seats after I pulled them out of the car and took the cheap $20 seat covers off.

Driver:

Passenger:

And after about 2 hrs or so worth of work for each them they are done. The headrest was the worst part.

Here they are in the car:

I also modified a 98 console to take the 96 insert with pull out cupholder (now I have three!) and modified the 96 harness to work with the rear mounted lighter plug. Gave it a good all over interior cleaning while everything was out, ran RCA plugs to the trunk for my sub and then power and ground and installed it. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Steering wheel recovered

Also got the projectors in finally. Should have been the first thing I did.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Got dark so I got them all lined up. I think this is a must do mod for any 94-04 mustang. The lights just suck so bad in stock form.

High beam

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
wow looks good man...tbh I never thought about trying to recover my seats...I just thought it would be easier buying new for $150 off ebay. My seats are not bad at all....just look worn down and tired...Definitely better condition than the ripped ones you took pictures of.

wnyman10

Reaction score
Wow absolutely awesome job on the interior it looks great. The tails look awesome to. I have a GTS and have V6 seats my brother wants to trade his GT power seats but they are pretty worn down, Ive thought about trading and getting black leather and redoing them, How hard is it?