My 96 gt

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
wow looks good man...tbh I never thought about trying to recover my seats...I just thought it would be easier buying new for $150 off ebay. My seats are not bad at all....just look worn down and tired...Definitely better condition than the ripped ones you took pictures of.

Thanks, Where do you see them for $150? Maybe you could try some leather conditioner to bring yours back a little? I've never done it but heard it can help a lot. My only concern with buying used is that they are still old and most have cracks starting on the Dr side already.

Wow absolutely awesome job on the interior it looks great. The tails look awesome to. I have a GTS and have V6 seats my brother wants to trade his GT power seats but they are pretty worn down, Ive thought about trading and getting black leather and redoing them, How hard is it?

Thank you, Its rough on your hands and it would probably take a whole weekend if you try to do it all at once. To give my hands a break I did the rear seat first and then the fronts. The big time in between was just due to my work schedule. If you want to redo them with the same kit I did you need new foam anyway so it wont matter what seat you start with as the frames are the same on them all.

Where did the seat covers come from? Quite an improvement!

Thanks! The upholstery kit and new front seat foams are made my TMI and I ordered them through Late Model Restoration as they had the best price I could find with there discount code. LMR only lists Vinyl and Leather kits but TMI also does cloth, I'm not sure if LMR can get it or not, I would imagine they can though. If you contact TMI they will send you samples of the materials and colors your interested in.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Fuel pump died this morning. :( at least it was only at 1/4 tank and in my driveway. Both the pump and filter looked to be OE....

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Well I had to take vacation from work to get some work done around the house. Sad isn't it?

Finally getting some of these parts installed that have been gathering dust in my garage since February.

So far I've done the camber plates, New kyb struts, a new Dr side ball joint (pass was done right before I got the car) cut one coil out of some stock springs I picked up cheap, 99+ dual piston calipers and hoses, fresh turned rotors and new pads.

Starting on the rear tomorrow, have new kyb shocks, summit/sve control arms, MM pinion snubber, new matching brake pads, an cut coils for the back to. I haven't cut them yet but I'll probably do 1/2-3/4 of a coil for the back. I'd like the car to have just a tad bit of rake. We'll see how it looks though...

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Well got everything done out back today except the brakes. The rotors aren't thick enough to turn again so I have to wait on the next paycheck for new ones.

Anyways cut a little over 3/4 of a coil out back an the car isn't really any lower than it was. So guess I'll go back in tomorrow, ditch all the isos an cut another 1/2 coil an see what that does. Really didn't want to do all that again but theres no point in the camber plates if it isn't lowered any. The springs I cut are convertible ones, wonder if that's the difference?

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Well after a couple more tries I finally got the stance where Im happy with it.

Wound up with 1 1/4 coil cut up front, no isos an pretty much 2 out back, only lower iso. I call it two but the first coil is flat to the second one so it may only technically be one. I think I might put the rear upper iso back in though. They make a little noise occasionally.

Overall the car rides very good imo, much better than it did on the stock 175k mile shocks. For a spirited driven daily it'll do....

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Looks good with the new height, glad to hear it still rides smooth!
I expected no less [emoji41]

All that hype you hear about cut springs riding bad is just that, hype. As long as you stay around 1-1.5 coils it will still ride fine, in my experience anyway

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Put in a used black carpet that cleaned up nice today. Its out of an 04 so it didn't fit perfect but for the price I won't complain.

Floors look nice an solid, no repairs or damage.

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Here's some pictures as I was putting everything back.

Sorry they are kind dark, it's been overcast an rainy all weekend here. I managed to get the biggest part of this done in between the showers...

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I did the black carpet mod and loved it..... Eventually the rest of my interior turned black too. Your tan seats are in much better shape than mine, I like the contrast

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
I did the black carpet mod and loved it..... Eventually the rest of my interior turned black too. Your tan seats are in much better shape than mine, I like the contrast
Only because I redid them as well. Go back a page an you can see how bad they were lol

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Only because I redid them as well. Go back a page an you can see how bad they were lol
I forgot about that. I wish I redid mine, but junkyard tweed seats were a lot cheaper. TMI makes a great product, your interior looks great

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Wow! That was a great deal with awesome results. Almost like a new car
Thanks, now if I could only do the body an paint work that easy I'd have a really nice car then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online