I have a white 96, and a 67 :)

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words.

The pics of the 66 are from last summer. The headliner and glass is now installed on the car. The intirior work has gone alot slower than I had anticipated. I generally only get about 2-4 hours a week on sundays to work on the car. I only need to reapolster the passenger seat, after that the intirior is pretty much ready to be installed. I still need to get a new dash pad and steering wheel, but I have everything else. After that is done we are going to remove the front fenders and clean and repaint the innerfenderwells. Then at longlast it will be ready for the engine rebuild, and send the trans out for inspection. It is supposed to have a C-4 Auto, but every know and then I get the itch to put a 4spd in it. When that is done it will be time for final assembly. I also want to put black stripes on it over the top. That is alot of Gold, that is the original color of the car. If you looked at the pic of the speedo bezel you will see the car only has 81,444 original miles on it.

My goal is to have it running for next spring. That will be the 20th aniversary of the car being taken off the road.

The Garage is at my mom and dads house, it is actually thiers. It is about 25 minutes away, thats why I only get a few hours a week to work on the car.

Dalamar lets see some pics of the 67. I like the old mustangs just as much as the newer mustangs, if not more.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Not too cold, my guess would be in the 40 degree F range. Compared to the Carolina's, its probably pretty chilly.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
the background makes it look cold outside ???

When I took the picture of my 97 Cobra it was January or February. Mid 40's is probably about right we had a very mild winter.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea this winter was very nice. So glad it wasn't cold like it was 2 years back. It didn't get above freezing for 3 months straight that year.

97vertstang

Reaction score
nice choice of stangs :thumb: i really like the 67-70 mustang also!!!

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Peter said:
very clean looking cobra
97vertstang said:
nice choice of stangs :thumb: i really like the 67-70 mustang also!!!

Thanks both of you for the kind words.

94GTSTANG50 said:
Yea this winter was very nice. So glad it wasn't cold like it was 2 years back. It didn't get above freezing for 3 months straight that year.

Yes it was good to have mild one this year. I only had to drive the Cobra in the snow one time. It was only about 2 inches, and was quite interesting. The wipers on my Windstar took a shit, and I had no choice. My wife had to go to work.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I had to drive my mustang to work a few times in the snow last winter. Reminded me of Dukes of hazzard.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a 289 that I need to rebuild. I have some idea's on what is going to go inside, but I have not made any final decisions yet. I hope to build it over the winter. I was thinking about swapping out the automatic and installing a stick, but it's allot of work and not much gain so I am going to stick with the C-4 automatic. I will install a shift kit and have it worked over. In time I will swap out the 8 inch rear and install a 9 inch. Most likely going to use 3:55 or 3:73 gears with a Detroit Locker. It has a 2:80 open rear in it right now. I will also eventually install disk brakes on the front.

I like what you are doing with your front suspension. That car is going to be killer when it is done. I like that roticery setup that is awsome.

I just put some new pictures on the web page http://public.fotki.com/marywillowmoon/matts_stuff/matts_mustang/

We took the fenders and valance off of it today. My dad is going to get started on painting the inner fender wells this week. Next weelend I will Finnish the assembly of the drivers seat and start on the passenger seat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online