My 97 GT

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't make any easy mistakes like that. I think one of the timing chains jumped on startup and introduced Mr. Piston to Mr. Valve. :nonono: I'm going to try and get it to Steen's next week to find out for sure.

S

scarface

Ender said:
Yeah, I didn't make any easy mistakes like that. I think one of the timing chains jumped on startup and introduced Mr. Piston to Mr. Valve. :nonono: I'm going to try and get it to Steen's next week to find out for sure.

ewwwwwww...Those guys arent very good friends.. Sorry to hear that Tony.

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
Shit happens. I'll take it in next week and figure out what needs to be done. If I was a betting man I would put my money on that damn passenger side chain, I've heard so many stories about it jumping.

bahndrvr

Reaction score
Looks pretty good bro but do you have spacer's on the front rims, they tend to look like they are sticking out a bit.

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
No spacers, but I do have 03 Cobra A-arms, which I believe are a bit wider than stock, and the wheels are a 9", which also makes them stick out a little.

S

scarface

have you looked into it anymore, or are you just waiting for Jason to look at it?

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
Waiting for Jason, I ran out of ideas. I know I put everything together correctly, I'm almost positive that a timing chain jumped on startup and led to some bent valves. I'm hoping the damage isn't too bad since I didn't hear the hit, and the engine turns over freely. I'll know for sure when Jason starts tearing into it tomorrow or Monday.

S

scarface

dang man, Im sorry about that! I got mine started on saturday...still putting the rest of the suspension back in though. Kepp it updated man

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
It's only money. :hammer: I'll let you know when I find out for sure what happened.

S

scarface

Ender said:
It's only money. :hammer: I'll let you know when I find out for sure what happened.
Well hell if thats the case...give me some :)

S

scarface

Ender said:
scarface said:
Ender said:
Well hell if thats the case...give me some :)

Will you fix my car? :banana:

No, see that would be me EARNING the money, I want you to GIVE me some...see the difference there?..lol

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
Jason called me today and said it should be running tomorrow. When I bought the heads, they came with little shims on the valves, and it turns out they were causing the valves to hang open just a little bit and keep it from building compression. I jsut assumed that they were supposed to be there, but he said the shims were only needed with reground cams. It doesn't look like anything was damaged, so I should be up and running once the valvetrain is back together. :banana:

He scared the shit out of me when I went in to talk to him though, he told me that the valves broke one of my pistons and destroyed the head and block. He thought it was pretty funny... :aresehole: :rollinglaugh:

S

scarface

Ender said:
Jason called me today and said it should be running tomorrow. When I bought the heads, they came with little shims on the valves, and it turns out they were causing the valves to hang open just a little bit and keep it from building compression. I jsut assumed that they were supposed to be there, but he said the shims were only needed with reground cams. It doesn't look like anything was damaged, so I should be up and running once the valvetrain is back together. :banana:

He scared the shit out of me when I went in to talk to him though, he told me that the valves broke one of my pistons and destroyed the head and block. He thought it was pretty funny... :aresehole: :rollinglaugh:

Good to hear it...yeah that cock knocker thinks he is a comedian..lol He kept telling me durring my tune that every lil thing he did cost me more money....then he told me at the end that my bill was HUGE. Thought he was funny as I just about passed out..lol Nice guy though, he said he just likes to watch people sweat!

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
Well, it's running again, but not running quite right. Compression checked out at 150-155 on every cylinder, so they've ruled out bent valves. :banana: Probably going to check the cam timing next, they're thinking it could have skipped a tooth, or I just made a simple mistake like marking the wrong link on the chain. Jason is going t check it out in the morning, he had already left for the day before we started it up.

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
She's back on the road, Jason told me it's fine to drive until I have time to play with it a bit more. I think I'm going to pull the front cover this weekend and double check my cam timing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.