My 97 GT

Ender

Reaction score
What's up guys, my name is Tony and I have a 97 GT. I've done a few mods, IRS swap with 4.30s, chassis stiffening, SVO intake, PI cams, and a few others. SVO heads are coming soon, I'm waiting on a valve job and cleanup. Here are a few pics.

06-16-06_1331-1.jpg

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
you must do some sort of auto cross or road racing, your one of only a handfull of guys I know of that has put in a IRS in place of a solid rear axle. Nice stang

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
I run autocross and circle track, with plans for road racing in the near future

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
you must do some sort of auto cross or road racing, your one of only a handfull of guys I know of that has put in a IRS in place of a solid rear axle. Nice stang
same thing i was thinking when u said u swapped the solid axle for the irs. anyways, nice stang and post some information once u get the svo heads to see if there worth it over the PIs??

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like fun, let us know how your numbers turn out!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
nice looking ride man.. you switched out the solid axle for an irs setup!? :gtfo: hahah kidding good choice if your into autocross.. welcome to the forums man, sweet stang! :thumb:

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
nice looking ride man.. you switched out the solid axle for an irs setup!? :gtfo: hahah kidding good choice if your into autocross.. welcome to the forums man, sweet stang! :thumb:

I like corners, but imports are :eek:utofcloset: , so IRS Mustang it is. :dancing6:

S

scarface

your car looks much better in person than these pics man....let me know when you want to sell me those SVOheads:)

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
Trade me a set of FR500 heads and the SVOs are yours. :thumb:

Here are some new pics from a better camera.

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lookin good man those wheels look great on there. I have a few suggestions and dont take it the wrong way im just a super picky guy...id paint the calipers and re-spray the wind deflector under your front bumper I think it would set off the wheels even more, prob black?

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
No offense taken. I've been meaning to fix the air dam, just haven't had the time to pull it off and paint it yet. I'm going to leave the calipers black, I think painted calipers are overdone, I prefer a clean, subtle look.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pics! Car's looking grate.

Curious - where did you get the IRS swap stuff from?
and how much was it?

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
Thanks man. I picked up the IRS for $500 on ebay, picked up a 00R cross brace and urethane bushings from Maximum Motorsports for about $250, and some cobra rotors from the local autozone. Stock calipers, lines, and brackets all swap over. Some people have had to shorten their driveshaft, but mine (FRPP aluminum) fit without a problem. You will need a set of Cobra e-brake cables, I haven't gotten around to that yet, been living without the e-brake for the last few months.

WantedStang

Reaction score
Sweet car man! How much did the clear corners and clear - looking headlights set you back?

OP
OP
E

Ender

Reaction score
I love the IRS, but I wouldn't want it on a drag car, too much wheelhop for a good launch. It's great for corner carving, and the ride is very smooth on the street.

The headlights and corners were on the car when I bought it, Mustang Tuning sells them for $199.

SMOKE

Reaction score
Well equipped ride .... love to see purpose built mustangs.
That IRS swap looks to becoming more and more common.
:thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online