My 98 Crystal White GT

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I finally compiled some pictures and uploaded some to photo-bucket so I could start my ride's thread.

I found this car on Craigslist by accident about a month ago. The asking price was 3800. It had bald tires, needed a crank pulley, the exhaust was falling apart, and it had a slight miss. But it was a 98, 5 speed, the paint was super clean with zero dents, flawless interior, already had a ton of bolt ons, and only had 95k miles. I offered 2600 to start the haggling and figured we'd end up a 3k but he took it!! So trying to hide my excitement I handed the man his money and drove my new pony home. Here's the pics I took at the gas station that night.

It needed some love... And a new alternator/battery on the way home.

Since then....Got a chin spoiler, new sumutumos, a BBK 78mm throttle intake, new plugs cured the miss, got new pulleys, and fixed all the exhaust leaks.
Now she's good to go.

With the new TB and a little cleaning. The BBK one piece is such a great design. I love it. The trick flow that was on it was nice too. I have comparison pics.

Pony delete.

Anyone have 2 AM center caps?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Awesome deal, your craigslist deal sounds a lot like how I got my car last year. Great looking ride

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Yea I got pretty lucky on this one. Only issue I'm having with it now is the clutch cable slack making it difficult to get into first gear in stop/go traffic. I'm gonna go ahead and get an aluminum quadrant new stock cable and firewall adjuster.

Lowering it this weekend with tokikos and pulling the spoiler off.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Heres the trick flow compared to the BBK. Huge difference. I like trick flow but the quality of this BBK plenum is awesome. When I pulled the trick flow plenum off I found the previous owner or installer decided not to use any gaskets at all for the IACV and EGR surfaces. Just metal on metal. Crazy.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
^lol, my iacv didn't have a gasket on it when i bought it neither. that is a deal though for that car.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
So I Pulled the spoiler off today while it was nice and took the wheels to paint the calipers red and do some wheel well cleanup. While the wheels were off I sold em. (This was planned). And now my car sits on jack stands while the new wheels are on their way here. Can't wait to see how they look. Pics to come.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I like white sn95s, looks great.

We'll you'll like it a hell of a lot more now. I haven't seen a white one with this whee/tire set up yet.

So the wheels arrived earlier tonight and just like the car it was a craigslist deal and a half. This is what a whopping 400 bucks got me!

Anthracite Bullits 17x9s and 17x10.5s. Just need to lower it.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
B58B124E-F7C4-4088-A10E-659990307B96_zpsyrc0w8qy.jpg

Looks so mean now. I need to lower it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member