My bike-curiousity finally got the best of me

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've always liked sport bikes but kept telling myself I didn't need one. Well this past season my good friend and brother both got one so I said what the hell. Figured I'd wait til next spring since summer is about over but I was browsing and kinda found this by accident, went to look at it and had to have it; price was too good to pass up.

2007 Triumph Daytona 675 in scorched yellow. 13k miles and as far as i can tell it's bone stock, love everything about it.

0828141947.jpg

0828141948.jpg

and with my friend's R1

0825141937b.jpg

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet! I have a friend with a ducati and one with a Honda.
I keep thinking about one too, but I don't think I'd use it enough

I like the color!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome color! You don't see many triumphs around these days. Be safe out there. I would've gotten a bike 2 years ago but realized I would kill myself too quickly.

rw95gt

Reaction score
I've had 2 1k rr bikes. Bikes are a blast. Always wear your gear and use common sense. Prob the most important thing you can do is try and ride in a group or with a friend. I sold mine because I lost 2 people in my life from bike accidents.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
best advice I can give is don't try to keep up with your more experienced/stupid friends when your in a group and don't try to show off either, but that will be hard. Also as your riding be REALLY paranoid and imagine what the absolute stupidest thing that could possibly happen right there in front of you and what you might need to do to avoid it. I can't tell you how many times I saw someone pull up at their red light, look me directly in the eye(so I thought) and then pull out right in front of me. I am not sure if they really didn't see me(with my brights on all the time) or just expect me to go/brake around them. I miss it like hell and love the look of yours but I will never get another just because there are too many people on the road that don't care about you and there is just no protection.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks guys, I love the color too I wouldn't have picked anything else if i had the choice. I also love how it's not the typical 4 brands you see around, it's cool to have something different. Safety is my number one concern, and to be honest these bikes scare the crap out of me. I took the motorcycle safety course as well and plan on riding very defensively all the time. I'm past the mental age where i feel like i have to go balls out or show off to anyone so I think i'll be okay there, just taking things slow and getting used to it a little at a time. They can be dangerous for sure but that's going to help keep me in check.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Good lord that is my dream bike. I look them up all the time on CLs to see if there are any good deals on them. I love that color! I wouldnt mind taking that bike off your hands haha!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful bike man. I had a hard time deciding between that exact bike and my Z1000 I had when I was at the dealer and they were sitting side by side. That color is absolutely stunning in person. Only reason I went with the Z over the Triumph is the Z felt a little more comfortable under my fatass. But I def want a 675 eventually, the level of detail on them just makes them stand out a lot.

Be safe out there!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Cool bike man! I'm not really into sport bikes but I like that color. My dad rides a Harley and for a long time I wanted to get one so we could ride together. The best advice I've ever heard from him was ride like you're invisible...not invincible...kinda sounds dumb at first but if you think about it it's true.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks awesome dude! I rode one of those (a friend and I repaired it for a customer) and was thoroughly impressed.

I don't need to "Dad" you since everyone else has already done so ;p

But seriously, the only reason I don't have a bike is for my distrust of everyone else on the road. I love to ride though =/

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea i'm not gonna "dad" you either lolol. just say that is a sexy ass bike!!! looks custom built just because of the color scheme. bikes would be fun to shoot. i wanna see a shoot with your bike and cobra together <--------hotness!!

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks dads!

Good lord that is my dream bike. I look them up all the time on CLs to see if there are any good deals on them. I love that color! I wouldnt mind taking that bike off your hands haha!

thanks man, i actually found it on craigslist. I wasn't searching for them or anything, I really never thought to look for a Triumph but i clicked on it and was like damn that's what I'm talking about! There are a few others a few hours away but I couldn't believe this one popped up 15 mins from my house.

Beautiful bike man. I had a hard time deciding between that exact bike and my Z1000 I had when I was at the dealer and they were sitting side by side. That color is absolutely stunning in person. Only reason I went with the Z over the Triumph is the Z felt a little more comfortable under my fatass. But I def want a 675 eventually, the level of detail on them just makes them stand out a lot.

Be safe out there!

That's understandable, the riding position definitely isn't what you'd call comfortable. the Z1000 is a sick looking bike, if i can't get used to being so leaned over I may swap it out for something a little more upright.

Cool bike man! I'm not really into sport bikes but I like that color. My dad rides a Harley and for a long time I wanted to get one so we could ride together. The best advice I've ever heard from him was ride like you're invisible...not invincible...kinda sounds dumb at first but if you think about it it's true.

seems like good advice, pretty much unanimous as far as what people say for being on bikes. expect everyone else to do stupid shit.

yea i'm not gonna "dad" you either lolol. just say that is a sexy ass bike!!! looks custom built just because of the color scheme. bikes would be fun to shoot. i wanna see a shoot with your bike and cobra together <--------hotness!!

I thought that would make for some cool pics as well, though it may have to wait til next year. I'll see what I can do.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Holy stock batman! Good job finding it stock! Reminds me of when I picked up my red one back 2007. My suggestions for tasteful mods: Double bubble windscreen, frame sliders where you don't cut the plastic, levers and a Jardine can. I loved mine for 6 years.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Awesome dude I had a 675 Daytona as well the black and version . I loved it loads of Torque

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Beautiful bike! Coming from someone who's been hit by a car before, please stay 100% aware at all times.

Treat every driver as if they don't see you, there are a lot of idiotic drivers out there that won't see a bike until it's too late.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Geez does everyone have a story about crashing on a bike? You guys are making me nervous to even take it out again lol. I finally got it out of the neighborhood for the first time on Sunday, quite an experience. I was very paranoid though as I felt extremely vulnerable and I'm not totally confident with handling the bike yet. She seems to run well though even with keeping the RPM low.

Holy stock batman! Good job finding it stock! Reminds me of when I picked up my red one back 2007. My suggestions for tasteful mods: Double bubble windscreen, frame sliders where you don't cut the plastic, levers and a Jardine can. I loved mine for 6 years.

Nice bike you had, I'm not really sure how much I want to do to this thing, it's so unmolested right now. I think I will get the frame sliders, I was looking at TRex ones. What brand did you have? Definitely not cutting the fairings. I will need levers as one was bent when it was dropped but not sure what to look for, i have kinda small hands.

wmfateam

Reaction score
GSG no cut sliders and pazzo levers. Easy peasy install. One more thing, because these bikes are so skinny, it felt like a mountain bike suey my 04 r6, that tank grip pads are amazing.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
In the 4-5 months of owning my bike I've already ate shit once, but it was pretty minimal.

Turned onto a dirt road like it was nothin', forgetting that my DRZ didn't have knobbies and immediately took a dirt nap at 20-30 mph. Aside from that nothing has happened. Just some nice scars and a huge bruise from the spill.

Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.