2002 Trans Am Collector Edition

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not much of an update, but I took the car to get the Sinister boxed subframe connectors installed the other day. Fairly straightforward installation, and they really beef up the mounting point for the front of the rear lower control arm.

We’ve not really driven the car enough to notice a big difference, but I’d like to think it handles better. The ride seems less jarring, but that will probably get much better with new shocks and springs. Either way, I’m happy to have a great place to jack the car up the whole way down either side of the car! Anyhow, just a couple shots of it on the lift. Will try to get better pictures later (when I install the lowering springs).

Thanks for looking!

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I saw this on Instagram.
711b65f4d57d2549296a9a98b1baebaa.jpg

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alright so it's lowered:

The sway bar end links snapped when I took them off (looked original) - so I have new some new ones to install my next day off.

I didn't install the lower isolators, I may come to regret it. Hopefully it's not an issue.

Getting the original shocks disassembled was miserable. One the nut was completely seized, the other we could not get the shaft to stop spinning. The spinning one we used a hack saw to cut the shaft in half to release the top portion. The other one we used a cutting wheel on a Dremel to cut the nut off, hit it with a hammer and released it.

Now, it drags the edge of the concrete on the way into the driveway. The exhaust appears to hang the lowest so when we take it to get aligned we might see about trying to tuck it up a little tighter.

Next on the list is the dash. Phew!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So, after lowering the front, the car was just a bit too low to comfortably drive, well, anywhere. So the best cost option for front coil overs seemed to be QA1 so:

Also put spacers on the front wheels to help it look a lot better. And here’s how it sits after an alignment:

If you read the house build thread you’ll know what the deal is. Not sure if I’ll be able to do updates on here or not, but hopefully you’ll be able to see the dash repair, and eventually a clutch, fuel pump and rear end build. We’ll see.

Makoto

Reaction score
man i almost went F body route before i started my cobra build. these trans ams are just so much murica its crazy. they're just over the top in every way and i love it.

joemomma

Reaction score
I've always had a soft-spot for that era T/A, especially WS6 models. The market for them has gone crazy too, and finding a clean one is near impossible any more.

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
I always loved the T/A. I would have loved to have one or a GTO

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I do like the Trans Am
But when Gm dropped them
I decided not to get one , parts is major problem
And you have to make shit work on it
I still think camero should have been dropped

Forum statistics