My car has a code 1260 and will not start. Any help is appreciated...

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
My 98 by keeps throwing code 1443 for the evap system. I have replaced the offending parts and apparently it's not fixed. I have an SCT tuner and have cleared the code so many times I got a code 1000.

Today I also had a code 1260 for the anti theft. I made the mistake of not clearing the code. I also made the mistake of trying to change the tune. Now my car will not start and the tuner will not communicate with the computer.

Any idea how I can get it started again?

Thanks

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
When I had P1443 code I replaced the evap can 3 times until I realized it was the sensor that went bad. It has a vacuum hose connected to it. I replaced the hose and purge solenoid. Now for your other problems, I'm not sure what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I had a buddies car do the same thing. Try disconnecting the battery like stated above. That might let you communicate, then you need to get PATS disabled in the tune. That's should solve your issues with that. As for the evap code, does your state have emissions testing? I had my code turned off and I removed all the evap stuff.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
When I had P1443 code I replaced the evap can 3 times until I realized it was the sensor that went bad. It has a vacuum hose connected to it. I replaced the hose and purge solenoid. Now for your other problems, I'm not sure what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done the evap can, the purge solenoid and the hose. I saw a thread once somewhere about testing the voltage to the sensor. I will have to look for that.

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I had a buddies car do the same thing. Try disconnecting the battery like stated above. That might let you communicate, then you need to get PATS disabled in the tune. That's should solve your issues with that. As for the evap code, does your state have emissions testing? I had my code turned off and I removed all the evap stuff.

I unplugged the battery overnight. I will hook it back up later today to see if it works. I would love to disconnect the emissions stuff but I live in the only city in my state that does testing...

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online