My car in valvoline garage used for sound in commercial, pics

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
Sorry bout the weird ass title.. didnt know what else to call it.. damn i havent been here for a while and i miss it!!

anyway.. as some of you might have already seen the valvoline commercial with the red SN95 Cobra, well the sound that car is making, is not really it's sound

They used my car for sound and used his car for the vid.. here are pics from that day

2001557773226635303_fs.jpg

2001573425122202545_fs.jpg

2001534732796788203_fs.jpg

Downshift

Reaction score
Are you serious? How did you land that? I saw the comercial I was pretty excited because you dont see many sn95s on TV.

OP
OP
Q

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
I was working for a company called Picture Car Warehouse before and they called them in and asked if they had any 96+ Cobras O0

So they (Picture car) gave my number to the them (valvoline) and they gave me a call

I told them what i had so they liked it and later on i found out my competition was a 2007 Saleen :eek:

Me, being myself said i'll race the guy to make up the final decision lol but they said no.. it's okay.. we need an older car to show that our oil will help older cars last longer

So anyway, with that being said.. they loved my mods but the problem was i had an H-PIPE and they wanted an X-PIPE so i went to my muffler guy and told him the situation

He said he'll charge $700 to make the 3 inch X-pipe.. so they paid him the 700 and i got a $1,000 for me taking out of my own time to get the exhaust done :bunny3:

So now i have a 3 inch x-pipe and 3 inch h-pipe

Though they didnt want to use my car in the filming process because it would throw the viewer off with the car looking like 2 or 3 different cars at different angles (hence why you never see a color changing car in commercials)

Downshift

Reaction score
wow thats pretty cool deal there, free money, free parts and car got made a little famous.

ripper

Reaction score
I saw that commercial yesterday. Pretty cool man.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
maybe they would have used your car if you had centercaps.... ;D :D

congrats...i wanna go find a vid off that commercial on the neet.*goes off the youtube*

95-stang

Reaction score
I obviously wont get to see it, sounds like you had a fun time. :)

OP
OP
Q

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, i hope it ends up on youtube also, but i'm going to be getting the DVD from that day plus the other cars they used for their other commercials so i'll rip it and post it up if anything O0

Whistler98

Reaction score
Saw it last night and it is an awesome commercial. I was yelling at everyone in the room to shut the hell up and they all think I am nuts but your car sounds bitchin man. Too bad they couldn't use your car for the shoot but at least they used another sn95.

Red is the best color anyways lol j/k!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i saw the commercial, but my fackin volume was down and before i could turn it up it was over...and that red cobra they used wasnt anything special.

OP
OP
Q

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
The red cobra was alright.. his exhaust (no offense if he sees this) didnt sound good AT ALL to me...

They were raping the shit out of his car.. turning it on... turning it off.. revving over and over again..

I just sat in mine and gave it a few revvs.. then did one WOT revv and hurt the guy's ears that had the earphones on O0

If it's in the dvd (When i get it) i'll post it up lol

DFG_Pimpin said:
i saw the commercial, but my fackin volume was down and before i could turn it up it was over...and that red cobra they used wasnt anything special.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I saw the commercial, pretty cool. Too bad they couldn't use your car :(

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's cool man.

your car has it where it counts, sound and looks. :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads