My Car Needs a Wing . . .

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
or something . . lol.

Tonight was my first time driving the car with the new setup. It's a whole different car.

Long story short, I got my first 10 second timeslip. I got a few shakedown passes in. The car moves around a lot more than it did 650 pounds ago.

Anyway, the last run of the night (poorly prepped track and a bad burnout) the car got really loose and almost got out from under me. It was like driving on ice. I rolled out of it and avoided the wall and the other lane, but the rear end was all over the place. I think I need some downforce in the back of this thing . . . . or more rear tire pressure . . . or both. Scared the hell outta my poor wife . . . lol.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i imagine, be careful, there was a car doing a shakedown at ennis (1/4) track and it got loose on him and he went head straight in a wall at 80mph. play it safe man. i know you want to see your daughter grow up and race those dragsters. O0

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Wow! All over the track huh.....I hope you get that resolved quickly. Remember Play safe.

ripper

Reaction score
I have the same problem too trubble mine actually went across the trap sideways one night. Scared the crap outa me let alone the wife. Guy i raced said it was the first time he ever beat a guy and was looking at his tailights LOL. Please let me know if you come up with a fix cause i dont want to wreck it fer sure. You have more track time then me maybe a little advise. I was told when it gets loose like that dont get out of it. Stay on it and go. That night the back went right in 2nd then left in 3rd then hard right again in 4th. LOL. Man what a ride. I stayed in it but on each shift it was getting worse. What should i do next time? Not that there is a lot of time for decision making LOL. Maybe we need ricer wings :noes: LOL

RogerL

Reaction score
finish the rear suspension

With stock convertible springs and completely dead shocks the car will act like a baby buggy, bouncing its way down the track.

(I told you so.........)

Wings are for over 150mph

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Re: finish the rear suspension

RogerL said:
With stock convertible springs and completely dead shocks the car will act like a baby buggy, bouncing its way down the track.

(I told you so.........)

:hammer: Do you know what Truuble is driving? :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wana talk about playing safe? When I go over to my house later today or tomorrow Ill post pics of my speed shop owner's GT that was wrecked at the track last year.............the driver ( not him ) did not "play safe" :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Get that issue fixed T......you dont want to risk your neck no matter what time slip you get :(

S

scarface

Red96GT said:
RogerL said:

(I told you so.........)

Im pretty sure he knows...If Im not mistaken he is the builder or the car or something of the sort.

Tad, spend some more of that loot and get that fixed man...you have come too far to put it in the wall now :)

Hellion94

Reaction score
A lot of that may have been the track, but wings never hurt anybody. We made sure we had one, I think you might want to do the same. But don't expect it to totally cure the problem--That's just the nature of the beast with small tire, high HP cars.

Edit: I'm sure that your stock springs and old shocks aren't helping ANYHTING either, as posted before.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Red96GT said:
RogerL said:

(I told you so.........)

Im pretty sure he knows...If Im not mistaken he is the builder or the car or something of the sort.

Tad, spend some more of that loot and get that fixed man...you have come too far to put it in the wall now :)

Oh, I thought he was just some new guy telling Truuble he needs to get rid of his stock suspension. :-[

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online