my car pops any help

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
Hey guys im having an issue. When I accelerate up until 4,000 to 5000 rpm’s the car seems to chug a bit then pop out the exhaust I ran a can of sea foam through it just to see if it would do anything. It didn’t. I’m also about to do a tune up with new plugs wired cap and rotor as soon as I get some time but if any one has any ideas. It’s a 95 302 manual trans all stock except for a CAI

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
billmacomber1987 said:
Hey guys im having an issue. When I accelerate up until 4,000 to 5000 rpm’s the car seems to chug a bit then pop out the exhaust I ran a can of sea foam through it just to see if it would do anything. It didn’t. I’m also about to do a tune up with new plugs wired cap and rotor as soon as I get some time but if any one has any ideas. It’s a 95 302 manual trans all stock except for a CAI
See how she runs after the tune up. I know you said it's all stock but are you sure the timming isn't advanced? I'd check it.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know my car pops abit when I let off the throttle at higher rpms now that i BUMPED DOWN my timing. before it was set to 16* I bumped it down to 10* (stock) to use my Tweecer R/T and I noticed a popping...try advancing your timing to 14* it might solve the problem plus it will give your car some more power for sure, just you will have to run like 91+ Octaine gas.

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
Well for those who read this I have found the problem and thanks for your input. I finally got time to do my tune up and when I changed my cap and rotor I found a surprise. The small peace of metal on the rotor that sticks out to jump the ark to the cap was broken off and was missing about an inch of it im surprised the car even ran. But I took it for a ride after changing it holly s**t it’s a whole different car the car was acting up since the day I got it about a month ago so I never knew what it had but in first gear wile rolling at like 2000 rpms and just stomp it, it will spin my big ass 275 tires im so glad. The car is all stock too so I cant wait for more mods. Thanks all :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online