My Emissions Issues and News

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I forgot to tell you guys about my emissions problems. When i got my gears installed i told my mechanic while you have it do an emissions test. He tells me my car will fail because of the cel being on then he asks do i know it on, i explains i know its because it has no catts. When i go to pick it up he wants to try something to save me a few bucks(Ive told him about purchasing a $500 xpipe) he resets my computer with this electronic tool he has. Well he tells me to drive the car the cel may or may not come back on. I drive for the next couple of days with no cel. Now I'm thinking i need to get this emissions done before it comes on. i take it pay my $25.00 and shes fails...The emmis guy asks has my computer been reset of has the car been worked on. i look him dead in the eye and tell him its been in the shop but i dont know anything about the puter being reset. He tells me to drive the car more and come back for a free retest. I drove for another week(expired tags ) and took it back yesterday with no cel on shes passed with flying colors. When i get my tag I'm gonna try and get it for the next 3years....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
what state U in? Here in NC for the test its hooked up to the obdII port and goes into a computer connected DIRECTLY to Raleigh ( state cap ) it reads the car and decides weather its a fail or pass........I dont think I would have passed if I had a off road x on my car :-\ I just had mine done last month and passed ......of course my car is legal with a catted x pipe.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
When the time comes around I'm going with a catted H or X to eliminate this type of problem. Good luck!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
When the time comes around I'm going with a catted H or X to eliminate this type of problem. Good luck!

as much as a I hated to thats the reason I did mine legal........it keeps me from getting gray hair when insp time comes each year

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Im In Ga. They did the obdII test. When my o\r h was installed with Mils the cel came. After the gear install and computer reset it hasnt shown its ugly head since and i PASSED emissions.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you know if you get an Xcal2 you can just show off that CEL permanetly..thats what im gonna do.

ripper

Reaction score
I have a o/r prochamber and pass no problem. I keep tellin guys you dont need cats to pass this test. Now the visual test is another story LOL

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
I have a o/r prochamber and pass no problem. I keep tellin guys you dont need cats to pass this test. Now the visual test is another story LOL

that's the thing though. I can get out of the sniffer test because I drive mine under 5,000 miles a year but I would still fail visual. And that is also the reason why I got LM1s, because an offroad midpipe is just ridiculous with them. I don't want to go deaf before I turn 40. :comando:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
no emission tests ftw! one of the few good things about SD :banana: :dancing6:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

S

scarface

we just have visual inspections once a year, but I run a catted setup because the fumes from my car are killer.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
we just have visual inspections once a year, but I run a catted setup because the fumes from my car are killer.

literally?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
MeanGrn Gt said:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

:ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3:

S

scarface

Red96GT said:
scarface said:

literally?
I have 2 fuel pumps, LTS, cams, 42 lb injectors, and I run a shit load of boost....the fumes are harsh even with the cats.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Red96GT said:
scarface said:

literally?
I have 2 fuel pumps, LTS, cams, 42 lb injectors, and I run a shit load of boost....the fumes are harsh even with the cats.

I can smell it now. :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online