My Experience with Kurgan Motorsports

KidK9

Reaction score
My car was having some serious issues idling and restarting after the engine was hot. A local tuner worked on it part time for about 3 months but couldn't iron out the issues. After becoming very frustrated, and then posting on here for suggestions, I decided to haul the car 8 hours to Kurgan Motorsports. Of course, I poured through threads on the internet and found very positive reviews and unfortunately some serious haters as well. I can tell you that the minute I got there he was nothing but professional. The car was worked on for 3 months by a local tuner and would not idle without feathering the accelerator. The minute you take your foot off, the thing would die. Then you would have to wait a few minutes before it would start up again. I took Kevin with me, the builder to answer all the technical questions. Bob looked at the engine for about 5 minutes in the parking lot and asked some questions of the specifications. He pulled the SCT chip and put his base tune on it. Put it back in and it idled for about 10 seconds and then quit. He didn't say a word, pulled the chip, put another program on it, and put it back in. Boom, the thing idled. He got out of the car and said...how does it idle now?? Unbelievable. 15 minutes in the parking lot and he fixed it. He literally said..so are we done, or do you want me to tune it?

Of course I wanted him to tune it. We stayed out of his way and watched him work. We spoke when spoken to and answered his questions. In 3 hours, the car put down 507 hp and is running amazing.

I can see why people might get rubbed the wrong way with him...because everyone else is an expert. This guy has so much experience it's crazy. I would take any mustang I owned to him again and again to tune. I didn't see one thing to write bad about him. Worth every mile of the trip.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Hate to say it but I told ya so! Good numbers man

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Kurgan and Blankenship seem to be the top names in sct tuning.

Im happy for you! I bet the second your foot pressed that pedal, you realized the car is a new animal!

Jgehret

Reaction score
I've always had good experiences with Bob. I had him tune my 03 termi years ago. 472 at the tires.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are 3 good tuners in the ATL area. Kurgan, Moe's speed shop, and MV performance.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well that's sweet . Currently my car isn't running a chip massive cam fox tb still 94/95 pcm and no egr and its turn key idles beautifully . Nice numbers by the way

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
Curious as well. Doing some "shopping" around to get an idea of who I'm going to take mine to when it's done, would like to know who to stay away from.

Take it to Kurgan. I can haul it for you if you like in an enclosed trailer. We can negotiate the details if you want.

Royal96

Reaction score
Take it to Kurgan. I can haul it for you if you like in an enclosed trailer. We can negotiate the details if you want.

I may, not sure yet (mainly a cost thing, trying to decipher his custom tuning charge list on his website). Its gonna be a while before the motor is built and in the car though, but I'll keep you in mind if I decide to go with him. Thanks.

Royal96

Reaction score
I actually just realized your car is also blown. If I may ask, what did he charge for the tune roughly? Because on his site it says $100 an hour for "Dyno time with Air/Fuel and boost logging" (Which is actually cheaper than some of the local tuners Ive looked at) but then it says $450 for "Power adder (SC, Turbo, NOS)", so I'm trying to figure out if that means 450 + 100 hourly.

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
I actually just realized your car is also blown. If I may ask, what did he charge for the tune roughly? Because on his site it says $100 an hour for "Dyno time with Air/Fuel and boost logging" (Which is actually cheaper than some of the local tuners Ive looked at) but then it says $450 for "Power adder (SC, Turbo, NOS)", so I'm trying to figure out if that means 450 + 100 hourly.

If you send him an email with your specs, he will give you a quote (at least he did for me). He charged me $450 for the tune. I already had an SCT chip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online