My Export Mirrors Project

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
ugh I need export mirrors in my life haha. Sweet project. I vote #1 just because red cars and red mirrors are tits.

I'd sell you mine but you'd have to find a driver's side mirror... I was offered one @ 360 shipped and decided that was absurd

Lanter

Reaction score
I'd sell you mine but you'd have to find a driver's side mirror... I was offered one @ 360 shipped and decided that was absurd

You have both mirror housings with no driver's glass or no driver's mirror? If I had any other color car but black I would already have a set, unfortunately being a black car they blend more so the reward hasn't been worth 600 bucks people are asking for a set to me. Honestly may just copy tony and dremel my housings and paint the mirror surround gloss black.

Reaction score
You have both mirror housings with no driver's glass or no driver's mirror? If I had any other color car but black I would already have a set, unfortunately being a black car they blend more so the reward hasn't been worth 600 bucks people are asking for a set to me. Honestly may just copy tony and dremel my housings and paint the mirror surround gloss black.

Same, they look awesome but on black you can't really tell... Allen did the same type of thing with his mirrors

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Up until this year you could still get a set cheaper than that :(

Getting expensive like the tails.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Finally got all my stuff to begin skinning these mirrors....I just can't decide which part I want to skin. The base, or the actual mirror housing, thoughts? I've thought about the following combinations:

1. CF skinned base with red mirror housing
2. Red base with CF skinned mirror housing
3. Black base with CF skinned mirror housing

I have the solution to your dilemma...

buy 2 more sets and do all 3 of the above.

However I plan to skin the base in carbon and paint the housing to match the car.

Magic

Reaction score
Bought some export mirrors from fellow member abood89. My grand plan is skin the bottom portion in carbon fiber and then paint match the top to the car. I started the tear down process of the mirrors tonight and began sanding to prep for paint. Below are a couple of pictures. I'll try and update this thread as progress is made :thumbsup:

A231E7DB-2300-4816-B761-7B0B1120D1CD_zpspp3gdj8l.jpg

36CFE292-C22C-4690-BAC9-8B69057196DD_zpsmlmxxr9l.jpg

9A46B162-D0CE-4711-8067-A04E8C549677_zpsaxdhidmf.jpg

DEC4CF0E-C2E9-476A-8193-2F1AFF383A23_zpsvvk5vvwi.jpg

Just got my mirrors from Abood89 as well today. Along with some export tails (got those a couple weeks ago).

How did you get the damn mirror pigtail out from the base? I started taking mine apart for some paint action as well.

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
I used my Dremel to reem out the hole a little bit to accommodate the plug. Only took a few passes.

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
Any idea on how to remove the actual mirror so I can clean all the internals and just work with the housing?

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Any idea on how to remove the actual mirror so I can clean all the internals and just work with the housing?

Adjust the mirror all the way to the inside, then gently pull on the outside of the mirror while putting a little pressure on the inside, it should pop off.
I'll be pulling my mirrors not only to clean and paint but to also install the new isolator to keep it from rattling.

Not sure if I can post the link or not. If not let me know and I'll remove it.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ix-your-side-view-mirror-rattle-step-in-here-!!!

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online