My final cam degreeing reults!!

Rantheman

Reaction score
ok for droptop or anyone that know or wants to know. I did the final degreeing today. and here is what i have so far but i need people to confirm with me. Now i heard tapping from the passenger side when i drove it around but not sure this just makes it more true. SO starting at clyinder one I setup my degree wheel, and and got TDC(topdead center. since #6 and #1 cylinders come up at the same time except one is on the power stroke and one is on the exhaust stroke i did not need to move my degree wheel. so on cylinder #1 consistly 3 time i got 139 degrees ATDC (after top dead center) and then i got 69 degrees BTDC (before top dead center) the forth time i got 70 BTDC so 139 plus 69 = 208 then 208 divided by 2 = 104 degrees. my cam card say center line with cam installed needs to be at 109 degrees So 104 and 109 is 5 degrees advanced. Then I moved on to the driver side and i got 4 times in a row. 71 BTDC and then got 141 ATDC which comes out to 106 degrees so then from the 109 i am 3 degrees advanced on the driver side if anyone can confirm this and voice there opinion that would be great. so the fact that i am off farther on the passenger side be why i was hearing the knock on that side. thank you and when i am done degreeing and putting my motor back together i will make a how-to topic!!!

Thanks Randy

P.S. I need a beer :drunk:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Woohoo! Im coming over to have a beer with you!

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
scarface said:
Ran, you just made my head hurt :(

sorry I know I am going to grind the key ways tonight and get her back together starting tomarrow so maybe by this weekend she will be running!!

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
Fets said:
Woohoo! Im coming over to have a beer with you!

Sounds like a good plan but no naughty stuff if i pass out

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
wow i dont know jack bout degreeing a cam but I know its a PITA...glad to hear it worked out well?

thank you no worries when I put it in the how too and someone stickys it Ipeople will understand

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
ok passenger side it done I grinded the key way off real aligned the chain links with the marks on the sprokets and started turning. It was very hard just the slightest movement knocked it around a few degrees but I finely messured 109 to my spec card. 144 ATDC and 74 BTDC but that took a long while to get there I am just happy that parts done. one more side to go!!

I need another beer

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's cool man,

I just might have to do that to mine!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member