my first customer

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
well i been getting together my powercoating bussiness and i had my first customer today YAY...... hes a great friend of mine and he just recently opened up a huge garage called imfamous performance he does all DSM cars..... well he wanted me to do an elbow and i know if i do my best his customers will want their stuff powdercoated to so here some before and after pics of the elbow......took alot of metal prep work to make it the way it came out

before
Picture410.jpg

Picture411.jpg

after
Picture415.jpg

Picture413.jpg

Picture414-1.jpg

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
So . . . when are you doing my headers??? :boink:

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
thanks guys..... the elbow is part of the intercooler pipes for DSM it connects to the throttle body .......the color is reflective chrome and trust me is it you can see yourself in it like its a mirror.... truuble you got longtubes right??? if so i dont have a big enough oven for that yet... i can do anything but the block and longtubes is the only thing i cant do cuz their big..... shorties, brackets,valve covers, intake manifolds ,heads,and so on are the things i can do.... reflective chrome cant be used on exhaust components cuz it is not high temp... but they just came out with a product that comes out like jet hot coatings made for very high temp parts its a little pricey but i am goin to purchase it and let everyone know how it turns out

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
$15 bucks its the metal is already prepped...$20 for metal prep and coating....$25 for sandblast and coating...... he wanted the $20 package it came out great metal prep is the most important step

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i might need some stuff powdercoated this summer...ill definetly let you do them. :dancing6:

gt96stang

Reaction score
Looks good.. O0 O0 and that def. leaves me thinking about coating stuff. :hammer: :hammer:

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i also do clear coats also but dont recommend it on reflective chrome cuz it dulls it for some weird reason but all the other colors it works awesome and makes the color stand out 10x more

Peter

Reaction score
Looks great, but I have heard its not such a good idea to coat headers. But then again it could be fine.

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
hmm i never heard of that.... i mean some headers have ceramic coatings and the hotside of a turbo kits i dont see why you couldnt powdercoat headers with high temp powder

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
The powdercoating came out very nice! Good work! But i can't help but notice those crappy ass tac welds at the base of the pipe. The owner should of ground those down and re-welded the flange. Not your fault though, you did your part beautifully!

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
lol ya i know what you mean..... he didnt make that elbow a company named Dejon Tool made that elbow i personally dont like those welds either but hey i did what i was told to do

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ill probably be buying a C&L inlet tube for my car soon.. my mac cold air kit has a chrome pipe going to the MAF but the C&L is that metal finish with silver.. i have a sand blaster.. if i sanded it down for you and shipped it to you, you could do that right?

does that reflective chrome look like actual chrome? or can you powdercoat something that will look exactly the same as chrome because my mac pipe is chrome... if not, maybe ill send em both to you and have them both done.

let me know! :)

good work btw!

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
whats up Trey..... the reflective chrome looks more like a ceramic look like a jet coating so it wont shine like chrome lol only chrome shines like chrome so if you want to match them both up ill do them both no problem there i wont charge you for the second pipeill consider it once piece :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online