my first customer

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
here are some pics of a turbo header i did for a friend with the high temp silver powder

Picture461.jpg

Picture466.jpg

and here's a pic of the water pump pulley with a clear coat

Picture468.jpg

Suspect

Reaction score
u know im sending u some stuff. 8) as soon as i start my head swap i wanna send my brackets to u. how will they hold up with the heat? ill probably find some more stuff when i actually get in there. pm me with a quote when u get the time.

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
thanks DFG i can finally get an idea and a walk through on how to build one O0....... thanks suspect you can use any color with the brackets the heat wont effect the brackets i only worry about exhaust components like the turbo header they need high temp coatings

Suspect

Reaction score
how are those headers holding up? might be interested if they can last.

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
he hasnt put them on yet and wont be on for another 3 months he's doin a build on his DSM ..... but i do plan on doining mine very soon so i will post some pics of that and tell you how they hold up.... today im picking up an edelbrock intake doin the upper and lower so i will be posting pic's of that

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
:dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

how long does this whole process usually take??

i can't wait to get stuff done! and what color is that pump pulley that you posted under that header? it looks pretty close to a chrome color but darker.. is it just the reflection? what color? i may want to do what we talked about (intake tubing)

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i have talked to some people and they told me they have sent their stuff out to be coated and it takes like 3 weeks or more..... i dont understand why it took so long..... but as soon as i get the part i get to work the next day cleaning it up metal prep it and coat it all the same day and ship it out the following day so for me its a 2 day process.... shipping is what might make it seem like a week so i say about a week ..... and that pulley is a mirror black with a clear coat it looks amazing

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
thanks DFG i can finally get an idea and a walk through on how to build one O0....... thanks suspect you can use any color with the brackets the heat wont effect the brackets i only worry about exhaust components like the turbo header they need high temp coatings
so i get discounts right. ;D

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
im a supporting memeber too O0 but i dont remember if you had a chart of the colors you can do but i might be getting a intake here shortly and was wondering what my color options are.. would the chrome hold up without being cleared??

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
the chrome with a clear doesnt mix well... the clear makes the chrome look dull and you can see the yellowing from the clear coat i have tried it at all tempertures and looked online and people have the same problem..... i recommend 2 coats of reflective chrome with no clear

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
im a supporting memeber too O0 but i dont remember if you had a chart of the colors you can do but i might be getting a intake here shortly and was wondering what my color options are.. would the chrome hold up without being cleared??
i was just kidding about the discount, he is pretty much giving this stuff away at the price he is already charging.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
the chrome with a clear doesnt mix well... the clear makes the chrome look dull and you can see the yellowing from the clear coat i have tried it at all tempertures and looked online and people have the same problem..... i recommend 2 coats of reflective chrome with no clear

yeah thats what i ment about the chrome no clear lol i was curious if without the clear and the underhood temps how it holds up

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
yup the chrome will hold up ..... the chrome cant have any direct contact with a very hott surface but lets say an intake manifold can be chromed cuz it doesnt get hott just pretty warm the shine stills stays there

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
would chroming the upper and lower be possible or would chrome upper and black lower w/ clear be better??

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i havent done the lower chrome yet so i have no answer for that but im pretty sure it would hold up

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i have some new pics itook off my rotors and coated them mirror black and the bracket also.... and painted the caliper with black with black spray paint

Picture472.jpg

Picture476.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online