My GF's mom got screwed...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
She bought a 2013 Escape from "random guy"
Didnt take it to a mechanic
Paid cash

Today (2 days later) the transmission is slipping/jumping.

anyone here ever gotten the shitty-end of the stick before?

Sinned83

Reaction score
Yup my second stang. The speedo gear was bad the 67k on the dash wasn't legit. The guy wouldn't let drive it except around his neighborhood and I didn't notice...

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
When I bought my car one of the guys who worked on it while the top end was apart apparently needed some plugs for the fuel injectors and decided 'why not just cut em off this harness in the car?' One of the many issues...

Carnage281

Reaction score
-_- Was expecting something else.

I guess from now on hopefully she lets a mechanic take a look first.

lutter94

Reaction score
Better buy an aftermarket warranty while she still can.

Isn't a 13 under factory warranty still?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
She ****ed herself over by buying a ford in the first place.

Tisk tisk.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
In for Video!!!!!!!! oh wait..... MC is a title misleader (insert your choice of word here).

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
It didn't happen to me thankfully but this happened to a buddy. There was an 04 STI for sale with 89k on it, motor had just been replaced with an OEM shortblock, pictures looked pretty clean, and it had a couple tasteful mods done to it. Well my buddy decided it would be a good idea to not let me know or bring someone mechanically inclined along to take a look at the car. He looked it over and fell in love immediately. Fast forward a month now and he finally got his 500 break - in miles one the car and wanted an oil change. I get the car up and immediately feel very skeptical about how "good" of a condition this car is in. The under side of the the transmission and steering rack is covered in oil. The engine looked fairly clean but cam seals are leaking though. But the worst part is after the oil change and thorough cleaning of the under side we went for a test drive. Car pulled great as we were going through the gears but then he tries to hit fourth and nothing happens. I thought he was just not driving it right so I asked to drive it. I'm going through the gears pretty quick and try to hit fourth and get completely locked out of gear. My buddy then proceeds to tell me that he found a bunch of speeding and street racing tickets in the glove box when he purchased the car. I got the great pleasure of letting him know that he spent $16k on a car with a shit tranny

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and we had some trans work done on our escape a few months ago. Tech said it was common and was covered under warranty.

amy98gt

Reaction score
I bought an 2004 Durango 4X4 as my new daily. The dealer said the tags would come in the mail but they never came. I went to the bank to enquire about the tags, taxes, title. The bank informed me they didn't receive the title from the dealer. Long story short the dealer double sold my title. So I'm in the process of a fun lawsuit.

Wild97GT

Reaction score
I bought a 01 Monte Carlo Pace Car for 5500 and it turned out to have a bad tranny. By the end I had over 8000 in it before I just gave up on it and sold it for 5000.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Buying a used car without checking it.
Facepalm.gif

chaos254

Reaction score
She bought a 2013 Escape from "random guy"
Didnt take it to a mechanic
Paid cash

Today (2 days later) the transmission is slipping/jumping.

anyone here ever gotten the shitty-end of the stick before?

It has over 60k on it?

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online