I won't lie one of my dream cars is the '06 GTO
38953854001_large.jpg

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Yupp I love me some goat! I dunno I love my Pontiac too. I really don't want to part with it I've had it for 5yrs, since I was 15. Head gasket wouldn't do me to well either to be honest lol but I would take that over cracked block. O did I mention it has just a tad under 190k on it? Like 189,764 I do believe.

Thanks guys. Hope it's not too bad. But the front wheel bearings are shot, tranny slips, underneath is rusting... As much as I love my pos... is it even worth it?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

sn95jones

Reaction score
Probably not, just part ways with it and buy another Pontiac :)
I had two Pontiac's a 1996 Grand Am SE with the 2.4L DOHC Twin Cam and then a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Coupe loved it! :)

My Grand Am
n572914740_1296830_9898.jpg

My Grand Prix GTP
15580047_large.jpg

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I don't have any pics on my phone but I think you guys have seen my GT once or twice lol. Diggin those GTP's tho! Bet that thing was fun as can be! 3800 supercharged right?

Thing that sucks is any car I buy has to be straight up in cash so I'm very limited. At this rate I'll be putting blizzaks on my convertible camaro all winter...

sn95jones

Reaction score
Yup 3800 Supercharged, 260hp 280ft-lbs of torque.
Loved it man, HUD, dual climate zone, sport shift mode that aloud the rpm's to go higher before shifting, BOSE stereo, you name it had it.
I will have another some day, either that or a 2001 Monte Carlo SS.
LOVE both of them man, one of the very few GM's I'd own.

Also absolutely loved hearing that supercharger whine, it was LOUD!

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I bet man. I just checked out the CL and couldn't find anything in my $1000 price range lol... Man it's gonna be a long winter

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Just got word my uncle may be trying to trade in his 02 Yukon Denali for a newer vehicle. His Denali has some sort of major motor issue with it, and my mom and I think it has about 250k on the clock. Well if all plays out, I'm hopin the dealership will wanna lowball him about a grand maybe 2 for it and I'll equal it and take it off his hands. It has the 6.0 in it, and I can get a motor and trans for about $2k and drop them in. The rest of the vehicle is immaculate. You would never in a million years guess it had that kinda mileage on it. He takes such good care of it. So we'll see what happens. If not I'll be lookin elsewhere for options. If all else fails... I'll get a newer motor for the Grand Am. Yupp this is gonna be an interesting winter boys!

ster302

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity you may want to pull th vacuum hose off the FPR and see the fuel pours out, the diaphragm may have ruptured due to the age. You may also try unplugging the MAF and starting it. Both things will cause your problems and the smell from the exhaust.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I keep thinking this thread says "My Grandma died"... :( I'm sorry to hear the loss of your grand am though!

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Lmao Orange nope buddy. She did, but years ago, all good :)

And yeah man we unplugged a ton of things and tried different combos of starting it with things unplugged.. Including the FPR, which has been replaced in the past 2yrs. To be honest I've replaced sooooo much shit on this car I can't believe I'm having these issues. Not sure what I want to do right now. Current plan is see what my uncle plans on doing with his Denali, and go from there. So drive my sisters (my old) Camaro for now, and pray for no heavy snow, while waiting on word for that, while saving up money for other options.

I'll keep you guys posted. Any other ideas or tips keep sendin em my way. I'm not 100% on parting it out yet.. Thanks guys

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Raf man which sensor is it I should be checking? There's freakin 2 on this car. One behind the balancer, one on the back of the block. I mean doing some research it would definitely appear that the sensor could be the issue here... At least that's what I'm hoping. Can anyone else confirm a faulty crankshaft sensor? This is starting to get old lol..

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Well got rid of the EGR stuff is gone, for now. I went to the local JY today and got myself another EGR valve. Well now here's the current codes. And O looky! I got a new code...

20121218_221958.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online