my H pipe is in!

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Well my used mac 0/R H pipe is in!!!

Only problem is it is bumping sometimes on the trans crossmember... i figure this saturday when i do my ball joints, im gonna loosen up some of the exhaust connecitions an dpull it down and see what that gets me

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice :thumb:

if you play with it usually you can get it to fit better....that sounded dirty...lol

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
haha... when i do my ball joints on saturday i'll try fiddling with it

i hate it when the balls aren't as tight as they should and then the front end sags :mad:

sanitarium16

Reaction score
monkeydude3 said:
haha... when i do my ball joints on saturday i'll try fiddling with it

i hate it when the balls aren't as tight as they should and then the front end sags :mad:

:lol:

97vertstang

Reaction score
LOL :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
thought someone might laugh from that... :)

Well I got the ball joints in, and oh yeah MOOG suspension parts FTW!!! This technician at my dealer borrowed me his ball joint press and then my buddy let me use his air tools.

And I loosened up the H, pried it away from the obstruction with a big screwdriver, and retightened it... and now all I get is a deep rumble out of it with no clunking! yay!

Now is on to the other odd front end clunks.... I think it may be the sway bar because it's stock and my car is slammed

George

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
thanks man

well I took it to the dealer and one technician helped me change the diff fluid. Came out pretty dirty, but not a single shaving or chipped gear. So my 3.27s are staying... however, if and when they blow... getting gears. We put in motorcraft fully synthetic fluid and friction modifier.

As for the front end, we looked at it while it was on the lift. My control arm bushings look good, everything looks pretty good but the sway bar bushings where it connects to the frame look iffy. They are solid but look dry and full of rust and stuff... so I'm gonna think bout replacing those. I also have suspicions my rack - and - pinion are going, but until it explodes for good I'm not touching it.

Anyone know of a good front end sway bar for our cars that is for lowered applications? It has new end links that are taking a beating because this sway bar isn't meant for the car to be lowered. It's a 1997 GT

Thanks all

George

Ender

Reaction score
Just get some shorter end links, Maximum Motorsports has them in a variety of lengths.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online