My IRS equiped BAB 98 Cobra

S

scarface

thorco3 said:
sweet... the black tailpipes aren't too bad at all. I would probably replace them eventually just to have that nice polished 03 cobra catback look but it still looks great.

I take it you guys did a rear end swap?
yeah, I have the live axle now.

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Im gonna try and get a bassani c/b for christmas, wish me luck. Thanks for all the compliments guys

S

scarface

WyoTechMSA said:
Im gonna try and get a bassani c/b for christmas, wish me luck. Thanks for all the compliments guys
Santa gonna bring it to ya :)

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
If Santa doesnt bring it then I will buy it first of the year. I think Im gonna try and get all the paint off the catback tomorrow and work on cleaning it up a little. Im still not sure of what I should do about the brakes. Im hoping that Jason will be nice enough to switch rear calipers with me. He also said if we cant figure out anyhting else he will order a new set of loaded calipers for me. Hes a good friend to have.

Oh and man I was gonna call you last night cause I was up in the Ville but I was with a friend and we were just passin thru. Looks like a fun place to cruise. We'll have to do that once I get all my problems squared away.

S

scarface

yeah, Jason does seem like a cool guy...I cant imagine how long we would have been there without him to toot that thang up for us :) If he is ditching the GT, he might as well swap the rear calipers with you.

HEre is what I think has happened. The cables are too tight. The IRS uses thinker rotors, so you are to tight right off the bat. I would hook the cables back up, and loosen up the adjustment.

Ypu should have called, you could have brought my wire strippers back :)

The Green GT

Reaction score
I think the black pipes look pretty sweet.

And where can I find some how tos on an IRS swap? Id love to do that, but I want to see whats involved. And I noticed you said it pushed the wheels out. You think some 10.5 in rims with 315's would fit with the IRS?

ryclef331

Reaction score
What did you do for brake lines on the car? New ones or just let the stock rigid lines take the flex? That was the only hang up I had when I did one for a friend.

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
So far I havent driven the car enough to see any problems with the stock lines, Im gonna invest in some SS lines soon though.

OP
OP
W

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Oh and Green GT, if you run a 10.5 inch wheel with a 315 you might have to grind down the top bolt that holds the main IRS bracket in to the car, where your quad shock is now. But you will be fine as far as width to body. I cleaned the paint off of one of the tailpipes today. Now I know why they were painted black...:nonono: fug

S

scarface

WyoTechMSA said:
Oh and Green GT, if you run a 10.5 inch wheel with a 315 you might have to grind down the top bolt that holds the main IRS bracket in to the car, where your quad shock is now. But you will be fine as far as width to body. I cleaned the paint off of one of the tailpipes today. Now I know why they were painted black...:nonono: fug
I tried to tell you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.